Talk about your armor

I have 661 pads for cycling with the same d3o tech. Costs much less.

1 Like

I have an armoured hoodie with D3O level 2 back, shoulder & elbow pads and I still don’t feel very secure because I can move the pads/hoodie while dressed :man_shrugging:
Idk if it’s due to thicker level 2 pads and/or the design of the hoodie. Nonetheless it’s much safer than nothing.
Maybe the best bet is to have a suit that only protects shoulders, chest and back. And to get something specific for elbows.

The Knox armour is skin tight though, their philosophy being armour is worth more when it doesn’t move.

Watch the video I linked above, very informative.

1 Like

I just bought an Icon ARC mesh jacket. It’s on the roomier side of fitting around the waist (I’m a tall skinny) but the sleeves are long enough for my dangly arms and the construction seems really good for a $150 jacket. Should carry over well as a fall jacket as I can fit a hoodie underneath it. With the spin/back protector pad inserted the fit around the shoulders feels good and conforms well. Without the back pad it’s a little loose tho. It’s one of those high rising riding biker jackets though so I still need something to protect the hips.

2 Likes

I got you

4 Likes

Oo this is nice. Was thinking something like this to wear underneath

1 Like

I need that 6 pak too

1 Like

I got you

5 Likes

These guys aren’t wasted at all

2 Likes

i ordered this last month… personally Id like it more to have shoulder and tricep protection to minimize rash… (like the orange fox posts above)
i wear these padded forearm things i like and are light… but this feels safe but can be over kill for a casual ride… and I dont really need back protection as I always wear a backpack for protection and to carry basics in case i need a roadside repair…

3 Likes

I just got the Thor XT, love it already and it saved me today from having a shoulder injury

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of forcefield. This is the third compression shirt/armor from them I’ve had.
This one is ce 2 armor chest, back, shoulders and elbows.
I wear it under my Mx jersey or textile jacket on the bike and under a ripstop shirt on the board. I don’t find it super noticeable power rangers style on me.
I’ve had enough get-offs on the bike wearing them that I’m certain they’re worth every penny.

2 Likes

I’d buy this one next time.

I fell and slid a meter or five on the cheap AliExpress version.

The zipper broke on the left rear shoulder and tore a bit from the mesh. It also left a road burn scar. It did its job very well for what it’s worth.

I never ride without it. Never.
Paris 2019 it was 34C or more even on some days and I was sweating crazy. Still wore it though.
It’s alright as long as you’re moving. You get use to it.

I feel naked when I don’t have it on. Okay so once in a blue moon when I feel like it I’ll ride without it on very short runs to the supermarket. I wear a ruroc without mask on those days too.

5 Likes

I second this but I feel like a power ranger with it on especially with the tag pass . :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I wear the new version of the Fox Titan.
I have only gone down on it twice…
I think it did it’s job.
I am a fan of the hard plastic slide pads for dissipating the force of impact.
It is ok to wear in the summer. Gets hot standing around. But decently cool while riding.
I hate that it looks like a crop top is all…

2 Likes

Took a spill at ~15mph with this on last week.
Elbow hurt and is bruised , definitely still damaged but i fell poorly so it couldve been worse.

Managed to tear up my Flathands I got for SS :frowning:

1 Like

3 Likes