Talk about your armor

Another vote for the motorcycle mesh jacket. Air flows right through, stays cool enough for sunny San Diego riding. I got tossed off my motorcycle at 35mph and did not get seriously hurt. I think they can look good, but I know I’m a grown ass dweeb so don’t give a rats ass how I look when tearing it up on my skate. Safety first, always. :v:

5 Likes

Yes, just ate shit last Friday in it @30. Came out of it fine with no road rash or pain except in my wrist and hip (which the jacket doesn’t protect). I slid down the road pretty far too. Roughed up the sweater a bit but you still can’t see any exposed kevlar and just the first layer of cotton is torn a bit in places.

I think the new ones have a loop at the bottom to hook to your belt so it doesn’t pull up when you reach out for a fall and expose your hips like mine. The pads are in the right spot and even though i hit my shoulder hard no injury.

It’s warm in summer but at 100F degrees it’s still wearable if you’re going fast for windchill since it breathes pretty well.

What do you wear for side/hip protection? I’ve gotten it in the same spot twice now.

it’s just slightly above where crashpants tend to pad, pretty much right where the top of my pants would sit along my waist. I haven’t found a hip protector that protects this high on the hip.

Sorry (not sorry) for the buttcrack shot

2 Likes

Nothing atm. Was thinking of getting some hillbilly crash shorts or similar since I skin one side or the other every single time I go down. Always right above the belt line so pants aren’t high up enough to help.

1 Like

this jacket truly is dope.

1 Like

Yup, same spot pretty much.

1 Like

Can you talk about the protection on this a bit? Nothing online seems to describe it more than “mesh and fabric jacket”. Would like to know more about the protective properties, like padding/armor, material, etc.

Searching for that?

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=83114765&ViewAction=ViewProduct

1 Like

It comes with arm/elbow pads and shoulder pads. Back protection you buy extra.

1 Like

and which padding you have for the stomach. I can see on the pic there is something.

5 Likes

Andreas is on full roasting today :rofl:

3 Likes

I would like to see you at my age smartass :wink:

1 Like

Full disclosure, my next armour purchase will likely be a Knox Action Shirt with one of their over jackets, or just the shirt in the heat of the summer.

Why? No power ranger look, still rated class A motorcycle armour, and is as easy to don & doff, and comfortable as normal clothing.

Also follows the same close to body philosophy as G-form, and can be worn completely hidden, comfortable and even waterproof, especially in combination with their outerwear.

https://www.planet-knox.com/category/mens-body-armour/

4 Likes

hell yeah, this is slick. Thanks for posting, nice to see all these low profile options!

1 Like

I can’t really trust these pads when there are no straps to secure them to the joints. In my mind they will inevitably slip out of position on impact.
Please prove me wrong

Do you think there’s a more secure strap-on option for shoulders and elbows that’s more discrete than the power ranger look? @Grozniy

Knox is a premier motorcycle armour manufacturer, some of the best in the business, so they do their research and testing properly.

Plus, their armour all use d3o, which conforms to the body and hardens upon impact, which when correctly designed is much less likely to move upon impact than strap-ons.

1 Like

i’ve got a pair of g-form knee/shin guards that claim to have that technology too, I was wondering if there’s a way to test the soundness of that tech. I was hitting them with a hammer to see what happened and it seemed to respond like regular foam lol

Not designed to the same standard as MC gear TBH. The foam is all segmented, unlike the one-piece construction found in MC armour.

1 Like

MC is beyond this man’s paygrade =(