[Order Placed] TBDD CNC STEEL Hangers

@fliess :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@rey8801 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Yes I also think so. I used to get replies but the only reply lately was super short and didn’t answer my question (always polite too even though I’ve had so many issues). Last email was about a TB6380 motor that shorted in under 1km of riding, and TB110s that have separated from the core :cry:

I’d love to be proven wrong. Maybe Dex is crook or on holidays and still may have every intention in helping out. I can only hope :crossed_fingers:. I

Unlikely when issues are brought to light but I’m running out of patience unfortunately.

*Edit 19/4. Dex (or someone else representing the company) offered to replace the motor (my bad on that, it was ESC in the end so I said not to worry about it). He also sent two replacement hangers (same design) when I ordered some AT wheel pulleys and a motor mount. Although very slow to respond, some faith has been restored in the company. Still need stronger hangers though haha

14 Likes

Righto cocks!

Its up to you guys to make this happen! Needs to hit MOQ of 8

Nice work @Tony_Stark :partying_face:

15 Likes

Yep. I’m in for two!!! Thanks @glyphiks for putting this thread together and @Tony_Stark for designing and making it happen!

7 Likes

Oh man, not TBDD but I’m feeling this as well :frowning:

4 Likes

No but when every things grate you don’t mined looking at emails and doing things. When you F#%€ up with a bad designs and manufacturing Decisions

If you in box is full of angry people. Do you respond with

A I have no solution refund will make me bankrupt please do send me more emails and drag my company’s rep thro the mud.

B ignore it and a majority give up and go way.

That’s my guess to why complaints ar ghosted

9 Likes

Don’t let the Australian dollar scare you guys! 129AUD = 82€ = 98$ USD

Edit: looks like that counter on the site doesn’t automatically update, lol

9 Likes

Yewwww!!! Legend!

Cunning sales tactic

5 Likes

I have a maybe dumb question : does it make sense to have a 10mm axle going from motors to hanger then ends shrinked to standard 8mm for the wheels themselves?

Where does most of the fatigue lies? I guess it’s all the extra torsional force across the 8mm coupled with single end support (axle tip is not supported) which causes premature fatigue?

4 Likes

In my case is 12mm across the all length and only the last 28mm or so stepped to 10mm only because its the bigger bearing you can find with 22mm OD

Btw just in case someone was looking for it. I have a last new hangar and central truck for the mad hubs conversion in case someone has those hub motor and wants to convert them. I can then give my used Kegel adapters and the motor sleeves

5 Likes

Either way it’s a really reasonable price

4 Likes

Torsional loads are benign here, you should be concerned with bending.

1 Like

I see, thanks!

Sure but how do you then explain that motorized trucks bend and not the front / classic ones?

Genuine question here

4 Likes

@Vanarian
I think it’s because the rear ones are modded to hold motors and mounts, w/o any real strength considerations.

Just remember the e-calibers, they just extended the axle…

Back to the example from this thread, you can see the bend, clearly passed the yield point. This isn’t typical of fatigue where the failure is elastic.

Dani

2 Likes

pre-order from germany possible?

5 Likes

Yeah mate!

3 Likes

The motor side bends imo because the motors actually brace the whole hanger except that one spot where they bend since the motor stops there. With no motor the load is spread across the whole hanger for flex but with, the motor shifts all that force to the spot right next to the kingpin that isn’t ‘braced’ by the motor

3 Likes

Yep, not doing this for profit. These hangars are pretty expensive to make at such a low volume. I just wanted to provide an option for all the people who supported Dex and then were ghosted and left with no option

17 Likes

Exactly. The cooling fins were also providing no additional strength in this stress concentrated area, so I have made them solid to utilise that area to carry load as well. I really don’t think those little slots would do much to reduce the temperature. I also strengthened some other sketchy looking spots

12 Likes