[Order Placed] TBDD CNC STEEL Hangers

Yeah mate!

3 Likes

The motor side bends imo because the motors actually brace the whole hanger except that one spot where they bend since the motor stops there. With no motor the load is spread across the whole hanger for flex but with, the motor shifts all that force to the spot right next to the kingpin that isn’t ‘braced’ by the motor

3 Likes

Yep, not doing this for profit. These hangars are pretty expensive to make at such a low volume. I just wanted to provide an option for all the people who supported Dex and then were ghosted and left with no option

17 Likes

Exactly. The cooling fins were also providing no additional strength in this stress concentrated area, so I have made them solid to utilise that area to carry load as well. I really don’t think those little slots would do much to reduce the temperature. I also strengthened some other sketchy looking spots

12 Likes

Take the moniez, mate!

3 Likes

i rather have the material to soak up the heat instead of reducing strength. good job dude
mine haven’t bent (yet), but i need to find a way to remove green loctite inside the hanger…

3 Likes

This spot actually has the highest stresses with or without the motor.
The motor adds additional tension there. I suspect the material was also not in par with the required stress level.

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Maybe if you get a wriggle on @FastBoard and release your DDs there will be other options to go for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Come on!!! So close. Just one more :pray:

4 Likes

This is awesome! True Esk8 bro!

6 Likes

I have killed two TBDD cans already but my hanger is not bent yet. If my last pair lasts more than a few hundred miles I suspect I am gonna wish I had these, but at this point I am pretty frustrated after throwing so much cash at a drivetrain system plagued with reliability issues.

How much distance are you guys putting on these before the hangers warp?

2 Likes

I had two go within a handful of rides. Both times on the front as I was running 4wd. I had one rear hanger bend after 800km or so. I’m not sure if it’s because some were just weak or if having the drives on the front increases the force going through the hanger :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sooooo… this is happening! Well done dudes!

12 Likes

Quick update, I am placing the order for the hangars now. I decided to change from nickel to a black zinc electroplated finish instead so that it matches the rest of the black hardware. I will keep you guys updated on progress :wink:

12 Likes

16 Likes

I’m a bit surprised it isn’t more than 10, this is a no brainer upgrade for anyone with these drives, probably more than that out there but I guess you gotta be kind of regular here to notice. Has this been posted to facebook or reddit to get some more visibility for this fix?

3 Likes

It has not. But @Tony_Stark has mentioned that extra batches are certainly doable.

3 Likes

the only reason i didn’t place my order is only because i green loctite the shit out of my axle, and i can’t remove it. if i didn’t need to reuse my old axle, it will be an instant buy for me :neutral_face:

2 Likes