[Order Placed] TBDD CNC STEEL Hangers

Maybe I should check mine…

3 Likes

just going to throw it out there but this may be a design issue rather than a material issue. From your pictures it looks like most the bending is happening at the center neer the pivot cups rather than the point where the motors join.

Probably need more chunk in the middle.

11 Likes

This. Fatigue is taking place in the middle because there is no flex across the length of the axel to absorb vibration or impacts. If it’s not already, material should be steel or 7075 aluminum and or thicker, in my humble opinion of course.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with a little camber?

May be time to cut your losses. Don’t these have so many other issues, not worth the risk and Dex not replacing things it seems, you’ll end up with a more expensive paper weight. (Got a shorted motor and never replaced.) If you do go through with it you may want a beefier THROUGH axle and way more aluminum in the center.

4 Likes

Y’all may want to start intermittent fasting or low carbing.

12 Likes

I lost 35lbs in 9 months this way

6 Likes

Wow congrats my dude.

2 Likes

@glyphiks how old are these? they look hardly ridden

2 Likes

I wouldn’t ride them either with all the issues they seem to have…

2 Likes

The problem is there almost can’t be flex in the axle because the whole axle is effectively a motor(maybe that’s already what you’re saying) so really all of the force is on the inside of the hanger i believe since everything else is layered and strong(clearances aside :joy:). I agree it probably should be reinforced in the middle of the hanger.

2 Likes

26 Likes

Yeah they are quite new, barely ridden :sleepy:

3 Likes

maybe it’s time we get DD with the stator as a totally integrated part of the hanger ?

2 Likes

21 Likes

That would eliminate clearance issues but then you gotta toss it all in the garbage if 1 breaks, there’s gotta be some better way to lock those motors in without just loctite 660 if the tolerances are too much to ask for

I mean, if one of your motors burns its coils for this DD setup at this point you might as well put in the garbage or sell for parts anyways so I dunno

3 Likes

So if this goes ahead, the whole thing would likely be steel :astonished:

Still need 5 more noodly hangers to get a ball rolling here…

10 Likes

So curious, @torqueboards isn’t showing up but does he still ship stuff bought on his website?

6 Likes

I bought some 218s and 50mm mounts and received them in like a week, that was like 2 weeks ago. Not sure about other stuff like DDs tho

5 Likes

At least we know he is not dead, just ignoring us :joy:

12 Likes

What’s the point it’s not like he has any solutions for us, the video he provides to lubricate bearings is drip some oil on the shield and hope it gets in there. I asked about a replacement motor can for my loose fit clicking rear main bearing and the best I got is new motor is $150 US. You’d think with the broken shit being sent back he’d have a spare can on hand. I’m salty about a few things

16 Likes