Surfskate anyone?

Yeah I’m also pushing that deck so more times having to deal with foot positioning. I ought to throw it on a deck with some hubs and see how it does.

noy my fastest

but it’s stable, have hittttt 42? mph with em no problem

1 Like

Looks like my friend has gone up to 27 now, and he linked me one of your vids going 43 :eyes: :eyes:

:sweat_smile::crazy_face:
im crazy

Ive always wanted to fit an evolve 12 inch tkp hanger on a carver c7 front truck. Has anyone tried this? Might be more solid and ride better than the waterborne.

It’s unlikely they compatible

Just looking at your parts list

Maytech remote - I wouldn’t bother with that, it’s garbage. Flipsky VX1 or VX2 is a better budget choice

Personal choice here but if feels like you might be geared a bit high there, 2.5:1 with 200kv motors on 100mm wheels. I’d consider 170kv motors, will take your theoretical weighted top speed from 35mph to 30 but will pay you back with some torque. Depends what you think your estimated average riding speeds will be, I assume a surf skate would be lower than normal.

1 Like

I have a little guy with a surf adapter.

it is cool.

but it is a tiny deck that is a toy.

I have not tried it on a longboard but folks that have seem to be happy…

My personal experience with surfskate trucks is that they feel better on a shorter board.

I am not a fan at all of the waterborne adapter, they make the ride height way too high and just feel gross IMO.

If i was gonna make an e-surfskate, i’d be using carver cx trucks with the loaded hubs.

But personally i don’t really care for the idea. For me the joy of surfskate is gaining momentum through pumping the board… putting motors on one would just be a loose squirelly ride IMO.

1 Like

Yup. Rode a local dudes DIY eskate w surfskate adapter and it was strange. It was super long and high. Really manoeuvrable and noodly/unstable at low speed and more and more stable with speed. Pretty wierd to ride but interesting to try a completely different setup.

2 Likes

That dude makes some pretty unique boards.

1 Like

Bro, his latest lacroix is nuts

1 Like

I want his esk8 budget

1 Like

2 Likes

Dude has so many boards :exploding_head:
I wish I had the budget (or even just the garage space)

1 Like

Who builds his batteries? Or does he build his own? Seems like you kiwis have limited options on that front

Lol davega looks tiny on that esc box

Builds his own batteries.

1 Like

Wow! Great response
Cheers guys, all taken on board :grin:
Forums are pretty mad! Spent quite a while reading through threads, so much info.
I’ll make a few adjustments to the plan and let you know what happens with the gear and end cost (UK under £500 :no_mouth:)

What is your setup with the Waterbourne Surf adapter? Do you have DKP trucks? What size wheels? Thanks for your imput.

1 Like

Regular trucks, 100mm wheels.

1 Like