My Esk8s. A journal of sorts

Yeah that’s fuckin mad

Kids.
It is ok to set up your board with stupid low clearance on the motors.
It is not ok, however to try to roll over giant rocks…
This motor dead…

8 Likes

So finally got to take the mouintain board out in the snow today.
What a trip…
Really would have been super awesome to do this in my teens when I could fall a thousand times and not be phased.

It was a slow stroll in the neighborhood before the plow trucks got to the roads.

It was neat.
Fell pretty fucking hard on my back turning toe side and sliding too much.
Then not too long after came off and fell turning heelside…

It was ice under the snow so that was probably helping…

Could not get any kind of traction on the grass…

It was a lot of work getting the snow off.

10 Likes

amazing thread I just stumbled upon!
What do you do for a living? I can barley afford the parts on my low budget builds ToT

3 Likes

I do Marketing for a company called Hubbell Power Systems. My department makes and sells tools for linemen. Kind of neat stuff.
The reality of it however is should not buy all this stuff and last year my credit card debt exploded… I’m still looking for esk8 rehab…

8 Likes

Winter had been pretty chill this year her in Missouri.
December was awesome. Got lots of riding in…
Well the past couple of weeks it actually showed up.

So tinkering keeps the mind busy.

Since I can’t be blowing money on real projects and build the Carver of my dreams I decided to do a silly little project.

I actually have a name for this one.

Little Danger Box.

Repurpose the Wowgo 2S and finally electrify the Waterborne Surf adapter.

This Thomas Hogan dude on Facebook rides around a mellow drive with the surf adapter and looked like fun.

And someone on here posted a picture of three killdozer decks. Real boxy beauties.
So I kind of tried to make a deck like that…
Probably looks more like a Meepo mini but whatever. I had fun with it just now out in the cold. Riding up and down the same block because most everywhere is wet/icy…

I got a Tgm blank old school deck 33x10.
And chopped it off on the nose and tail.

After a bit more shaping and sanding o painted the top Yellow and the bottom with truck bed liner spray… I love that stuff.

Since I did not cover the yellow top properly I had to paint it again.

The deck ended up at 28… I took off quite a bit I guess… Not sure I should have taken some of the tail off. 10 inches at the widest point and 9 inches down near the tail.
I think wheel base is 16…

I was really pretty happy with the shape and paint.

I painted the Wowgo enclosures with the truck bed liner as well.
Did I mention I love that stuff.

I had some left over black hexagons. Yeah yeah I know that is so 2018… But they make me happy.

On the first outing with limited places to ride since most of the roads are wet and icy I had one block that was clear and rode up and down and up and down and up and down… It was fun.

13 Likes

Looks fun !! I like this shape :star_struck: with this small config. Shoot some vids plz :love_you_gesture:

(How do you feel now on an electric setup like this ? Now you got used to powerfull boards diy)

Cool great job once again, enjoy it asap :v:

2 Likes

Thanks dude.
So this is more for just playing around a bit. Just dorking around in front of the house.
I have always appreciated the smoothness of the Wowgo 2s esc. But it was almost never getting ridden with all the other boards. But the surf adapter adds another dimension. Carving and cutting hard little turns is neat. And it does not need to be super fast. The low rolling resistance of the hubs play well with the surf adapters too.

4 Likes

So the board collection lived on the wall in a guest room caddy corner from our bed room across the hall from the kids room. The guest room is really my closet… It was a convenient location.
The thought of one of these boards catching on fire has always been on the back of my mind.
The room had a smoke detector connected to the security system… I have a fire extinguisher outside the room…
I got a fire extinguisher ball thing and hung it on the wall.
Making my first battery and having a couple of other batteries crap out and opening them up really heightened my paranoia.

So I got a full metal cabinet from Sam’s. It is not a full on fire cabinet. But I figured not would slow down the giant fireball…

I also will have 2 of the fire extinguisher balls and a WiFi connected fire alarm in there…
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JVXFQ6E?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Grabbing a board is going to be a lot less convenient in the basement. And I can’t just sit there and gaze at them anymore…

But I’m thinking I’ll sleep better tonight . And the next few nights since I have to go out of town…

12 Likes

Is that the chopped Muirderer on top?

1 Like

Yeppers

1 Like

Very nice. How does it compare to its pre-chopped state? (I know you mentioned that you weren’t previously happy with how the kicktail functioned on the 36" deck.)

1 Like

I like it better shorter dude. I had the evolve trucks on there with the longer wheel base and it was ok. But I definitely like it better shorter and with the shorter wheel base. Most of the time I have my backfoot resting on the tail.

1 Like

I love eskating.
I hate falling.
Being 42 and weighing 230 lbs, gravity is really, really fucking hard on me.

Yesterday I celebrated the year anniversary of when I fell weird and broke my humerus…

Today I had a pretty good fucking fall.

Probably only going 15 mph or so.
My board just fucking disappeared from under my feet and I went down really hard. On my ass and slammed the side of my head.

Fucking front right cloud wheel just broke…

It is not often I ride in the street and in front of cars but I do it some… This happened on the sidewalk, but could have been much worse.

I wish I was wearing my padded shorts.
I’m going to be thinking about that a lot over the next few days…

Fox Titan jacket saved my shoulder once again… I’m a huge fan.

10 Likes

This is one of my favorite threads ever. Its weird how the mind of an addict works hahahahaha that was great man, freaking priceless.
Hopefully you get back to health soon. Damn man, you got really bad luck again, that sucks. All best wishes,dude.

3 Likes

I feel pretty good today and hope to get a couple rides in.

4 Likes

Back to the very scene of the crime…

6 Likes

These foam wheels seem to be pretty damn shit. i have never seen something like this.

2 Likes

Mighty fine day, get your vitamin Ds!

2 Likes

Bums me out… I really, really liked riding them…

2 Likes