Surf Rodz Hanger Axle Beta Group Buy

They will, you have the AT gear drive right?

1 Like

I believe so

1 Like

These

3 Likes

I think they do fit the moon drives, but they would be inside the gear drive enclosure.

TBH Iā€™m not entirely sure how the moon drive assembles.

Also, the moon drives have holes and not slots, making aesthetic alignment difficult.

The drives could be out of alignment by as much as 15 degrees.

1 Like

Iā€™ll dry fit mine and see how it would need to assemble.

2 Likes

Im thinking an extra mm or so washer on the axle could help with that though no?

1 Like

Thanks homie :+1::pray:

1 Like

possibly.

the pitch of the M8 thread is 1.25, so every degree turned equates to a 0.0035mm shim. a 0.0525mm shim equate to 15 degrees of spin.

So, thinking about the indexing faces inside the hanger relative to this problem shows that I need to return to six faces instead of five.

360/6=60, nice number
vs
360/5=72, yucky number

Most hole patterns in motor mounts are base12 instead of base10. If you choose to use the axle indexes to align the plates then since the hole patterns in the axles are symmetric about the long axis of the axle it makes sense that the indexes follow that same pattern.

Thanks for making me think about this.

3 Likes

Not even gonna lie, that was a high thought I had. If it works than thatā€™d be awesome.

4 Likes

@akhlut what is the axel size again 8mm or 10mm.

If you donā€™t have a machinist yet there is a machinist that is local to me that may be able to do these if we have plans he has done a lot of work for my job and itā€™s very reasonable. My previous job used him and they would find everyone that did jobs cheap.

He actually just pressed bearings into my drill press pulley for free.

idk why anyone would even want 10mm over 8 :roll_eyes:

heavy people

3 Likes

Yep.

I have bent more 8mm axles than I care to think about.

1 Like

Just a comment, donā€™t go with 304 stainless, it will break, the yield strength is way to low even with temper and heat treatment for this use, for structural parts go 17-4, if you want to make a frying pan go 304 :grin:

Otherwise this design is killer

6 Likes

This is a smart solution.

What happened to this GB is it a go?

4 Likes

Also interested in if this is available?

@akhlut

1 Like

So far two people filled out the form.

There doesnā€™t seem to be the interest, and the MOQ puts this out of reach for me to fund by myself.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s unfortunate. This is the best axle solution for SR trucks Iā€™ve seen.

6 Likes

Yeah, I really want to sign up. Just dont currently have the cash for them.

2 Likes