Surf Rodz Axles with integrated mounting plate

Thats pretty dope.
How would they do the flat part with a lathe?

Live tooling FTW

1 Like
5 Likes

I’m guessing this is not an option if one has to regularly take the board apart?

If you red loctite them in, probably not.

@mmaner has them blue loctited in. I don’t think he’s tried to remove them since installation.

The group buy is here

It is fine to take the board apart though even married to the hangers. It sort of turns them into a permanently integrated motor mounting plate.

I would even argue that this is a BETTER solution of you take your board apart regularly. As you don’t risk stripping the hanger threads on the SZ hangers that can happen with removing them often

10 Likes

I agree. I get nervous anytime I have to remove and replace shoulder bolts.
Thoughts in my head:
“Is today the day I fuck myself over and lose a wheel next ride?”

6 Likes

If you use red loctite, they may be there forever. With blue loctite, its not too bad. I didn’t wanna use a heat gun on the hangers, they are anodized, so I put my soldering iron on the axle itself for 15 mins. Using thick leather gloves and an open ended wrench, I was able to remove the axle without any massive effort, it spun out easily after applying a little torque. The key to loctite is almost always heat.

9 Likes

Is there any reason to remove these once installed?

God i really want a few sets of these

1 Like

there is always some possibility that something will happen. For the most part, the answer is no. When I do my battery swap I will be re-installing these with red loctite.

3 Likes

I made my own, albeit very crudely.

Looking forward to buying a legit set Here

14 Likes

Did you make those out of evolve hangers?

2 Likes

Yup, I’m done with dkps. It’s Nice that they also have the stepped axle, ensuring 8mm wheel bearings only go so far, leaving an open segment for a 10mm pulley bearing.

Im also done with 10mm bearings on wheels.

5 Likes

Why’s that?

1 Like

There aren’t many with built in middle spacers. I need those. Less chatter.

The 22mm OD, 10mm ID bearings have smaller balls and wear out very quick in my experience.

5 Likes

I can understand that. I would love to go back to using regular skate bearings on my wheels doesn’t matter so much on my pulleys but I’m not going back to caliber, like my surfrodz.

1 Like

I never understood this until I looked at the beefy bearings on my Tampa wheels. 28mm OD so it’s got bigger balls

1 Like

Are these still happening @akhlut ?

1 Like