Mini FOC based on VESC6

@YUTW123 will there be any black friday deals? :slight_smile:

heh heheh :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Supports a maximum input voltage of 100v. Continuous current 200A, maximum current is also 200A because of the limitation of the current sensor

3 Likes

The heat sink absorbs almost no current. We used 18 pieces of 300A mos, super low internal resistance

4 Likes

for the heatsink I mean for heat distribution, not for current absorption :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyhow curious to see the end result

2 Likes

100v 200A

11 Likes

Can you give the specs? Single, dual? Price? Thanks a lot

1 Like

Thats a single. He says 100V 200A.
4 bat leads cause 200A (if it wasn’t obvious)
Cant tell what components hes using on powerstage but probably one of the supported DRVs in the VESC project.
FETs unknown :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Ah right I was wondering way 4 bat leads. Makes sense. Why double layers?

Finally something interesting :sunglasses::grinning:

1 Like

To make power routing simpler, the top card is controller board. Bottom board is only DRV/FETS.
Looks like MCU has isolated power supply as well and not using the buck from the DRV like the regular VESC does. Could be to avoid current spikes on the 5/3.3V lines making it unstable.

Biggest change i see is that the electrolytic caps are back :smiley: (they’re nice to have even on the other smaller one that only has ceramics)

6 Likes

Ahahaha
@linsus checking the pcb… You can clearly see the difference in the distribution of the components ecc…

Me looking at the 100V esc… Niiiiccccceeeeee! :joy:

Thanks man

1 Like

Force of habbit :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

$500 :o

1 Like

I mean it’s amazing. That’s why I ask.

1 Like

That I liked way less

2 Likes

MOS FDBL0200N100 100v 300A 18 pieces

200a Hall current sensors

5 Likes

Today my two mini foc plus arrived, they’re amazingly tiny (The person on the photo must have small hands so they look bigger :grin:) I’ll put them in my YoFace DIY hybrid :slight_smile:

6 Likes

dont mock my lady hands

8 Likes

Hey @YUTW123 maybe it isn’t obvious to me but I can’t tell much difference between this: https://www.ebmakers.com/collections/x-esc/products/go-foc-retro-dual-drive-vesc-from-maker-x?variant=31255349952625

And this:https://www.ebmakers.com/collections/x-esc/products/makerx-dual-drive-v4

What are the major differences and why is there only a $5 difference in price