Mini FOC based on VESC6

Thats a single. He says 100V 200A.
4 bat leads cause 200A (if it wasn’t obvious)
Cant tell what components hes using on powerstage but probably one of the supported DRVs in the VESC project.
FETs unknown :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Ah right I was wondering way 4 bat leads. Makes sense. Why double layers?

Finally something interesting :sunglasses::grinning:

1 Like

To make power routing simpler, the top card is controller board. Bottom board is only DRV/FETS.
Looks like MCU has isolated power supply as well and not using the buck from the DRV like the regular VESC does. Could be to avoid current spikes on the 5/3.3V lines making it unstable.

Biggest change i see is that the electrolytic caps are back :smiley: (they’re nice to have even on the other smaller one that only has ceramics)

6 Likes

Ahahaha
@linsus checking the pcb… You can clearly see the difference in the distribution of the components ecc…

Me looking at the 100V esc… Niiiiccccceeeeee! :joy:

Thanks man

1 Like

Force of habbit :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

$500 :o

1 Like

I mean it’s amazing. That’s why I ask.

1 Like

That I liked way less

2 Likes

MOS FDBL0200N100 100v 300A 18 pieces

200a Hall current sensors

5 Likes

Today my two mini foc plus arrived, they’re amazingly tiny (The person on the photo must have small hands so they look bigger :grin:) I’ll put them in my YoFace DIY hybrid :slight_smile:

6 Likes

dont mock my lady hands

8 Likes

Hey @YUTW123 maybe it isn’t obvious to me but I can’t tell much difference between this: https://www.ebmakers.com/collections/x-esc/products/go-foc-retro-dual-drive-vesc-from-maker-x?variant=31255349952625

And this:https://www.ebmakers.com/collections/x-esc/products/makerx-dual-drive-v4

What are the major differences and why is there only a $5 difference in price

He explained it in another thread. The retro is capable of pushing more amps; when accompanied with the heat sink box, it can do 80a continuous per motor.

The v4 dual drive can only do 50a continuous with it’s little built in heatsink.

I believe the retro also comes in a little shorter in height which is a big thing in my books as the v4 is just a tiny bit too tall.

Edit: my bad, appears they both have the same height, but the height of the connectors on the retro is lower

6 Likes

There are also some hardware and firmware differences

Retro

• Hardware: V 4.12
  • Firmware: V3.63

V4

• Hardware: V 4.2
  • Firmware: V3.58

Retro is also slightly bigger with the cooling case compared to the v4

I got the V4 but I want the retro I think

2 Likes

Ah okay thanks for the explanation. Makes sense, I saw the amp difference but I wasn’t sure how much to believe about the stated specs.

So is hardware 4.2 their upgrades or something? I thought the 4.12 hardware could use any of the firmware designated for the 4.12?

1 Like

I think the connectors being that little bit lower is a great advantage :+1:

Not too sure. I also wonder if it’s a typo and it’s the same 4.12 hardware

The dual mini is an own design with two pcbs connected via pins, the retro ist an original 4.12 design with two pcbs side by side, the capacitors are the only difference to the original design. The size of the dual mini is also slightly less.

3 Likes

Are the chips used not different too?