Super diy board for college

Hey guys. I just wanted to get some opinions on my build I’ve been working on for more than a year. Ask any questions you want.
Here’s the specs-
Torque boards 6380 170kv motor 14t pulley
Boardnamics idler motor mount and belt
97mm eBay flywheels 36t pulley
Flipsky vesc 4.12
Chiboardbatterysystems custom 12s3p 30q battery
Oh and the 29mph was at 46v out of 50.4v :wink:
Here’s a quick video of a speedy flyby https://youtu.be/1Y7MpvEuP-A

6 Likes

Nice simple build. Ride the shit out of it as long as it works for you.

4 Likes

Looks like an all around decent budget build.
I would suggest keeping an eye on everything since it does look like a largely budget build.
Well put together! but the components might betray you

thats a truly classic set of parts though

1 Like

I have had about three different versions of this board (Things like a cheap bms ,cheap esc, and cheap drivetrain parts.) And I must say I wish I spent more the first time! It would’ve saved me money in the long run.

2 Likes

its not loading the video for me :confused:

2 Likes

How much $$$ did you spend roughly on this?

It’s him, going at a good clip, with NO HELMET.

6 Likes

Here’s a google doc of everything I purchased

1 Like

Please don’t do this.
Everyone here is a friend. Wear a fucking helmet. It’s the fucking law.

I personally favor the Bell Super 3R. But if you are on a budget, I’ll happily buy you one of amazon and have it shipped to you. If that’s what it takes.

https://forum.esk8.news/t/dc-crazy-driver-incident/11706

6 Likes

Wear a helmet. If you’re going to ride on the roads, especially at 29mph be responsible.

Pretty decent build, keep an eye on the components though, as budget parts are more likely to fail. (double reason to wear a helmet)

3 Likes

Thank you guys for worrying about me. I’ve got a helmet but my head is huge so it doesn’t fit well, I’ll try and find a new one that’s bigger!

4 Likes

Yeah, please do! If you can’t find one that fits both your head and wallet, I’ll be happy to help out!

4 Likes

People here are passionate about helmets because we’ve quite literally lost life and spent a collective many thousands of hours in recovery from being stupid in our little community here. Falling off your board isn’t just skill based, it wants to hurt you and it’s just a matter of time.

Keep safe my friend

8 Likes