Summerboard SBX reviews, discussion, mods, deals, problems, mostly problems. Maintenance/upgrade guides.

update to the dude that seemed like one side was broken on his pack

Then all these people having some mystery problem.

1 Like

That is so weird…:thinking:

1 Like

I bet if they fixed this shit they could sell at least twice as many boards at half the price and still be more profitable while not dragging their own brand name through the mud. But what do I know? :roll_eyes:

I do know that I’ve always wanted one, but from what I’ve seen, I wouldn’t pay more than like $300 for a new or used one, knowing that either way, I’m gonna spend some significant time and more money troubleshooting or upgrading the damn thing.

1 Like

For the amount you hear of them breaking I don’t see nearly that many of them for sale actually broken.

1 Like

Got a broken remote they did not try to fix

Dead cell charged it up ready to test.

Oh yeah I should have tried to get better pics of the PBC to look at the radio tech exactly.

2 Likes

Now it definitely looks like you are just reverse-engineering everything that company has ever done :laughing:

2 Likes

Reverse engineering a board with no reverse.

I also needed to look at the chips to locate the cell charge manager and see if that is the cause of the cell drain. The more advanced delving would be checking cross compatibles with Trampa nrf hw/fw.

did you notice how hard it is to turn the remote on? another issue they didnt forsee although I believe they have corrected it.

If you want one I would say buy one for the casters and throw everything else in the bin and build your own

1 Like

Yeah that remote case is still on the first generation it seems like. Oh wait I see you say they fixed that.

Funny how diy Castors has been my top focus then. I am looking forward to making a deck with mount hole patterns for both sbx castors and freebord for that type of diy you’re talking about.

As far as diy electronics for the sbx I want to buy the $99 deck on the website and make a model to allow designing customized boxes.

Issue is I already have 5 freeboard decks…

Last note on diy vesc swapped Sbx casters, the sbx ESC/motherboard have some special features using gyro input that should be put into a custom vesc fw.

Anyone tried making a custom battery for the sbx?

1 Like

seems nearly all of the batteries that break get sent to sb instead of being sold for diy purposes.

I should see if I can get the plastic case of the sbx battery there was someone who had one

1 Like

@Fosterqc pay the shipping on this and the contents are yours…

3 Likes

Sending pay!

:love_letter: :dash:

It is the year 2036… I have finally scavenged my Frankenstein SBX and it is time to zap it to life…

1 Like

yup
https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/search.php?pn=Bq7694003
first reads 8CC8TSTG4… hmm

The chip above in that pic is
BQ78350
65KG4
A94V

2 Likes

Did you get your package @Fosterqc?

1 Like

Thanks!
A “classic” combo for those two good chips, designed to be used together.

1 Like

Yea I did, it arrived early but then I sat on it for a day or two before I began looking at it. I needed to fix up the leiftech.

the top case part will be tough but hopefully the other part helps it along.

First thing I note is yeah, these tiny connectors were damn near the worst thing about it. Making repairs impossible is not cool.

1 Like

visually done-ish

now making the parts actually fit together and as close as possible to irl.

This is good enough to have printed and test fit with irl parts.
sbx batt asm v1 model for testing.STEP (1.5 MB)

4 Likes