Summerboard SBX reviews, discussion, mods, deals, problems, mostly problems. Maintenance/upgrade guides.

but which one should I go with?

2 Likes

Hey, ive read through this forum and really admired all the work you’ve put into the cause.

Im planning on doing my first DIY summerboard, recently bought a broken summerboard for $450 (battery issues). Was thinking of ditching the stock electronics for a Stormcore 60D+ and a 12s4p p42a pack etc.

How hard is it to work / diy on one of these boards. I could post a guide or something as i go through DIYing my board, althought im still very new to all of this diy stuff. Thanks!

2 Likes

hmm well thanks for reminding me I was going to print my batt case model and send it to someone to test fit.

The point of printing the case is you could double the height to fit a larger battery or battery and esc all in that kinda batter box thing and stock mounting on the sbx.

1 Like

Summerboard SBX Supermod

not very detailed but anything missing here is found on the many diy esk8 videos out there.

if you really want that 12S4P range I would get the pack made as two 12S2P so you can have an option or ride all day swapping.
12S3P more than enough imo. You will be sore after that long without break.

2 Likes

I’m going to take your advice and get a 12s3p. The custom battery pack case seems like a fantastic idea, I was thinking id have to / should avoid the summerboard esc as I thought it would just cause me some problems. Id love to try out your batt case if you’re public about the stl, got a ender 3 if that can handle the dimensions (new to 3d printing as well).

Thanks so much for the help! Thanks so much for that link, its easing some anxiety about how difficult this project is going to be.

1 Like

True the board outlasts me now lol. Gotta up my switch game to prevent leg fatigue.

2 Likes

Do you have the stl uploaded anywhere for that battery pack? Is it something that can be easily printed? I dont want to impose and I dont know if its something you have publicly available to download. Thanks so much!

I saw your board in the other thread, that things a an absolute beauty. What would you say is the range on it with your 12s3p?

1 Like

we for sure need some Wh/km/mi numbers

1 Like

I’ve been a mixture of sick and busy for the last few days so I haven’t been able to do a full range test but it’s on the way!

2 Likes

Thats me lol

Glad I could share your own post with yourself.

Anything helpful for users I like to not get lost in the FB cesspool.

yeah, idk. No way in hell i’m sending the battery in and paying 300 or whatever. Just wanted one last attempt at fixing it before tossing it. Saw you on facebook tho, thanks for the help lol

1 Like

Fixed my controller battery issue

2 Likes

I wonder if it’ll charge…

Lmao I did the same thing with one of my remotes that failed because I dropped it.

Idk about the sbx remote but when I did this it still charged and had like 3x more battery life lol

1 Like