Summerboard SBX reviews, discussion, mods, deals, problems, mostly problems. Maintenance/upgrade guides.

we for sure need some Wh/km/mi numbers

1 Like

I’ve been a mixture of sick and busy for the last few days so I haven’t been able to do a full range test but it’s on the way!

2 Likes

Thats me lol

Glad I could share your own post with yourself.

Anything helpful for users I like to not get lost in the FB cesspool.

yeah, idk. No way in hell i’m sending the battery in and paying 300 or whatever. Just wanted one last attempt at fixing it before tossing it. Saw you on facebook tho, thanks for the help lol

1 Like

Fixed my controller battery issue

2 Likes

I wonder if it’ll charge…

Lmao I did the same thing with one of my remotes that failed because I dropped it.

Idk about the sbx remote but when I did this it still charged and had like 3x more battery life lol

1 Like

The remote I got was self discharging rapidly when not turned on.

I meant to bother @Battery_Mooch on how to diagnose a bad cell charge circuit. I can’t remember if I scrubbed it with ISO or not.

Dozens of things you can try, depending on what’s happening (or not). How do you know it’s a bad charger?

1 Like

Did anybody manage to print/ design an aftermarket battery box and upload to thingiverse?

1 Like

Sorry to be clear do you mean box that fits the SBX plastic base with clips? Or remove everything and the box attaches right to deck?

Either or

1 Like

making a battery box only would be hard. the sbx battery clips on and making reliable 3d printed clips is very difficult. the sbx clips aren’t great to begin with even with their own product. making a full battery box with a esc and a non-detatchable battery would be less complicated but still isn’t a good idea. buying a case like this and putting the battery and enclosure inside would be a much more reliable solution. 3d printed enclosures can work for an esc only but the battery is just to much weight to risk. I don’t recommend it. the sbx has to many failure points already and 3d printed enclosures are failure prone.

2 Likes

Fully agreen with @SpeedDemon but if you do want to go the most stock parts upgrade route.

I got a model fairly close, but I don’t have a sbx base/deck to fit it into. So someone would need to print this and fit it to an SBX to know. Will check over the file once again, print and prob send it to someone.

As far as the weak point with the stock clips, that is already solved by most people using a strap around it when getting rowdy.

Great point about the weight of the battery for the strength of a printed battery box, earlier I was saying that the external features of the SBX battery would be easy enough to fiberglass.

Hi there,

I’ve been looking to buy a Summerboard for 2 years. I just found a used one (in France). The battery had the BMS fault so the current owner removed the BMS and the cells and connected two LIPO (2x4S 6200mah).
I would like to know if connecting LIPO directly to the motherboard was risky (without BMS)?
I had planned to change these LIPOs by 6S to go back to 12S, unless you tell me it’s too risky for the ESC.
500€ for the board, freshies, footpads with launchpads, the original charger, 2x LiPo 4S, SkyRC T200 charger.
thank you in advance for your help

1 Like

Ok so I have not come across many people talking about running non SB battery with the SB esc/motherboard. All the ones I have seen have used 12S li-ion. From my testing the 8S on sbx motors is fast enough so cool to see a unique setup like that.

To answer if lipos are risky, if you know what you are doing with the lipo charger and treat the packs nicely it should be ok.

Thx @Fosterqc for your answer!
So for you without the BMS it’s OK ? I was thinking that the BMS protect the ESC.
I know that LiPo need to be careful with charging and storage.

If I go for it, I think I will keep the lipo but making a higher case with the help of your step file :grin:

Thx again for your answer and I’ll come back with the new mod when it’s done.

1 Like

LIPO Charge only Smart BMS wiring Guide

this is what you want to look at

1 Like