Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

i tried it a lil bit, too weak atm

it’s gonna be wild! can’t way to see how i do this

2 Likes

Dude I had leg day yesterday at the gym and I am even more sore now than last night lol

3 Likes

i would say this is good enough on the length of grab to choose the next trick, would like to see it just a wee bit longer. but i fully understand the difficulty of maintaining the wheelie and nose grab.

3 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, personally I would have like it to be longer too, but I think my batteries were sagging and it was getting hard to calculate power lol

I’m probably gonna go ahead and do a couple more for the actual public YouTube video, but thanks for letting it count for now!

Gonna get creative with this one!

3 Likes

You not gonna get kicked :point_up:
Still have two letters to go, so maybe you can get the one or other round in.
I‘m in a similar boat, no time for riding at all, but not gonna drop out till I have all letters.

With this said @Pickled_Monkey showed us a nice trick for the 7th round.
wheelie nose grab 8.10.-22.10.
@ShutterShock well done being the first to manage that trick. Please be prepared on 22.10. to show us the 8th round trick.

@DEEIF
@Creavenger
@ducktaperules
@Jbev
@rafaelinmissouri
You guys got all letters and will be kicked out.
Thx for participating!

As usual please check the first three posts of this thread for actual ranking.
I guess the second post will be the most edited post ever in this forum :joy:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Oof was going great until I tried to run myself over like Rich.

Then I forgot to check camera angle

But finally

8 Likes

Really good :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice! It’s hard, isn’t it haha

2 Likes

Yeah there’s no way around it… Just gotta send it. Seriously considering buying some lipos to throw in the jump board. This is getting freaking brutal on the big board.

3 Likes

:warning: WARNING: :warning:
Once you go Lipo’s you will not look at your Lion packs the same.

Coming from a 12S4p Lion 60A to a 12S1P Lipo 240A.
The 12s4p feels like a stock boosted board, or worse.
Not that its bad but the comparison is hard to define, the 12S1P Lipo just way more power
from start to end.

5 Likes

Niiice :ok_hand:

I’m not sure if I’m more impressed about the wheelie or the shoes in which you made it :laughing:

I stopped trying wheelies a long time ago because I always hurt myself. Once I couldn’t lift my arm for 2 weeks after trying some wheelies and falling backwards. It is so hard to do.

Does grabbing the nose help with balance?

Hopefully I can try and survive it next week, all my boards are out of order right now.

@NullBlox just curious, what amp settings do you use? And did you change settings after switching from Li-ion to lipo?

I switched from 12s 5Ah 30C lipo to 12s2p 40T 8Ah with same settings. The difference is there but not dramatic at 45A motor/batt (but voltage sag is an issue especially towards the end). I crushed the Li-ion in dirt park over a month ago and finally received some lipos after 3,5 weeks waiting. Now I have 4x6s 50C 5Ah for 2 switchable battery packs. I’m looking forward to feel the difference :metal:

2 Likes

At first, not at all. I was leaning so far forward to grab it that I couldn’t get the right amount of pop. Then I started full throttling it to get the right pop and leaned too far back a few times and ended up needing the handle for oh shit moments.

After everything, I feel like having a hand on the board gives you more control over the lean, if even for just a few seconds.

One thing I can definitely notice is my slide game is on point now. After making a hundred or so figure 8s in the grass trying to land other dirt game tricks, I’ve gotten a really good feel for it. Traction control I actually prefer to be on. It makes almost a hard edge on the throttle when turning where if I go past, I slide; if I stay under that limit, the grip remains.

3 Likes

My Lion 12s4P would only handle 60A.
This was set to 30A battery per side I believe and 90A per motor side.
Basically my motors could never see full potential no matter what.

Now it’s a Lipo setup 12s1P.
This Lipo is set to 90A battery per side and 90A motors per side.
The thing Rips! and up my hill, it can pull 70A plus. 190KV

I only needed to change the Cutoff start and End times for Lipo, and bump up the battery Amps.
You can just drop a Lipo in and have no issues but would suggest adding new cutoff values. Over-discharging Lipo’s get hot and swell.

With that said, You technically only need to plug it in, but I would set new cut off values for the Lipos.

1 Like

What cells were these? 30Q?

Im going to assume so, Long story short.
Seen a pack I liked then had some other people in china reproduce it for me in a square factor
with same specs as the one I was eye balling. So I want to say yes but dont want to say anything more
as it may become drama. (considering I outsourced for a same/similar pack for less.)

why even after getting liions i prefer lipo for most rides, and plan to get more lipos

only reaon i have liion is for long range, since i found them to be about 2x as energy dense (in terms of how many Wh you can get for a given volume) as lipo

that being said: my wheel mount plates are on the verge of seeing the light, this trick may or may not be the end of me (it’s the same situation for all 4 wheels)

5 Likes

I heard something about an updated plate from @Boardnamics not sure if some light can be shed on this but I will be in need of these new adaptors also then.

1 Like

There is a new version coming but it’s on the boat still, gonna be a bit still

2 Likes

ya he got new stock stuckin LA atm
I hath secured myself the new revision of the gds and wheel mounting mabobs, so hopefully they arrive before my current ones give out

2 Likes