Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

Yeah bro it was super hot, my apartment is literally like half a block away from this park

I just rode to the park and back with this gear, I would never risk riding on the road like this lol

One knee has a small scrape but I never really fell in any of these. The ones where my hands hit the ground, I was protected by the gloves.

2 Likes

Let’s see if I can help explain this one. Backside 180s were one of my favorite tricks to do snowboarding, and I too had a mental block until I started thinking of them differently.

I think the biggest challenge is to shift your focus away from your back, and the fact that you’re turning your back to the direction of travel, which can be quite intimidating and will stop or disrupt the spin because of anxiety or fear. Instead, I like to picture popping the nose up and landing it directly behind me, so my focus is on making the 180 in front of me instead of the 180 behind me. This trick is actually really similar to the last trick, the fakie nose/tail egg roll pirouette, or whatever it’s called, except your direction of travel is reversed and you get the whole board off the ground instead of just the nose (fakie tail?). This is harder to explain than I thought it would be, even though it’s pretty clear in my head. But, If you’ve got that last trick down, I would start with that then try to turn the pivot 180 into an ollie 180, which it’s basically a backside 180 in reverse, and when you have that down, try doing it in the forward direction. Hope that helps. :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

I’m gonna need to either take a letter or get a one week bonus on this trick :pensive: Moving sister into college so it’s been very hectic

3 Likes

We’ve got another week yet bro, I’m in the same boat but carrying an injury now. Need to try and get this done

4 Likes

we practice on!
(gore warning i guess)

6 Likes

Maybe i have to take a letter😪 (or take the bonus week eventually)

My motors die yesterday during a ride… (Lucky i could save it and walk out of this fukking mess)

So if APS send me the new ones i orderet a while ago i can make it, but i have no hope the, arrive next week.

2 Likes

I hope you do check regularly with them.
I once where waiting 6 months to get my motors.
Expected delivery time was 6 weeks from what they told me.

1 Like

I write them every single week since the order. Because the motors i have are fukked since three months (making noise and didn’t response to throttle (most of the time it was the left one… Yesterday first it was the right one and now both)

Edit: and i now sadly how long it takes APS to deliver

2 Likes

They are quick when the motors are in stock.
If they are on backorder i wouldn’t buy from them again. You never know how long it will take.

Any changes you can check the motors by your own? Maybe it’s just a phase wire that broke and you could solder a new one on.
I had that happen some weeks ago with very old motors.

1 Like

Sure i will check them tomorrow and keep you guys updated

I had them apart last week to clean and try to solve the problem but couldn’t find a dam thing wrong in cables… i had the hope to get everything running perfect to compete at the Esk8 Cup today

1 Like

Check the phase wires with the hands if there is a soft spot when bending them a bit with your fingers. Mine where broken under the isolation and it wasn’t visible by just looking at them.
I also had damaged phase wires due to using a bit too long bolts for mounting the motors.
If you have the motors apart, check from inside if the windings are close to the mounting holes and if the bolts you used are the right length.
The solder joint on the bullet connectors and the the point where the phase wires coming out of the motor are as well some points which could cause issues. I would have a closer look there as well.

4 Likes

Thanks andy! I take your advices and check everything tomorrow💪🏾

Great man, thank you!

1 Like

Can’t be sure it’s one of those points, but hope it’s going to be an easy fix. Good luck :muscle:

1 Like

Found some time to get this done yesterday!

10 Likes
8 Likes

You reminded me I forgot to use my slo mo lol will have to do that next time

3 Likes

Looking at the slo mo just exposes everything that could have been done better :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My Entry for Trick 3

6 Likes

Lol the laydown at 3:04 I felt that

Stretching before is a good idea

I’m confused though were you saying you were or were not done? I guess it’s up to the organizer to decide if it is :+1:

1 Like

Dunno, thought I got it at 3:50 ish. If you think otherwise I’ll have to go and refilm it

1 Like