Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

backside 180 ollie’s are way harder than frontside…

I am not sure I’ll make this one.
I am not sure I will survive trying even.

maybe one that is easier to sort out starting stationary.

check Andy’s warm up…
he throws it down…

3 Likes

I think this version is correct :smiley:

6 Likes

To clear everything up this is the correct trick and the naming/ definition for backside is from trampas video on 180s

3 Likes

For regular riders:

Frontside 180 - counter clockwise turn

Backside 180 - clockwise turn

Doggo not included but recommended

Raw video with crashes

9 Likes

Hahaha glad it got cleared up at last :laughing: since my lightweight board is out of service guess i will have to do it with the 36kg one :grimacing:

4 Likes

I can’t belive you guys can throw this down so easily…

2 Likes

Idk why but for some reason the backside felt easier than front this time. Only thing that’s changed is the Haero deck which is interesting because my initial thought was it feels like I’m falling backwards on it because it’s such a wider foot space. Maybe standing more forward in the bindings helped because it definitely makes you want to fall backwards if you don’t turn enough.

Really focus on those arms going in to it. You got this dude!

3 Likes

dude.
I need to first recover from yesterday…
my front leg groin is on fire today and I have to grab my knee to lift my leg…

dang laps around the sun…

2 Likes

Yep that last trick did the same to me haha

I’m expecting this one to be easier but I’ve never done a 180 before either so we shall see how this goes

3 Likes

I really enjoy to watch all the videos and see the progress :sunglasses:
Also it is amazing how many e-mountainboarders we are compared to like 2 years ago!

@Lee_Wright your progress on the roll is epic and the video shows it perfectly, well done!
@Andy87 great moves and video edit :ok_hand:

Before I tag everyone… :laughing: thumbs up to all :+1: :+1: :+1:

I had so much work that I’m ridiculously late with the second challenge but hey, it’s still friday the 13th :grin:

12 Likes

Decided to keep trying, you’ve just gotta commit. It looks pretty stoked on video, already learned two tricks I would’ve never tried before

I’m gonna turn reverse on soon, these tricks are a slight pain without them (reversing back to my starting spot)

3 Likes

I hate to be a stickler but I wouldn’t count that as a valid 180

I think you need to at least ride out of it, and it didn’t quite look like a full rotation

2 Likes

I don’t have reverse :disappointed: the board doesn’t really ride off even when you do a regular jump.

I’ll gladly go and do it again, loved spinning it backside

Lmk if you guys need another vid!

Yeah wasn’t really a proper 180, try getting your 180 rotation down while at a standstill then slowly bring it into moving

2 Likes

Project for tomorrow!

1 Like

The first trick here is a BS 180 no fakie.

FROM your default posistion.
Toe side is BS, IE when you turn that way from forward riding you are giving the people your backside.

From your default posistion.
Heal side is FS, IE when you turn that was from moving forward you are giving the people your front.

This is the same no matter fake etc.
This is the same for All board sports also.

1 Like

Just did a session and holy f crap

I am literally already super sore. Did the trick a ton of times and somehow left my gopro SD cards at my apartment. I recorded quite a few attempts on my phone but I’m not sure which one I’ll use yet

Anyways, fun trick for sure, only scraped one knee up a little bit with grass burn

Walking tomorrow will be hard

5 Likes

That first slide into nose roll :heart_eyes:
I need to learn that one too…

As I’m in vacation for 2 weeks I’ll need to drop my bonus week on that round.
I’ll upload a BS 180 clip till 3.9.

6 Likes

Your dog seems a bit worried about you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Guess you are just riding too quick.
Nice work there!

4 Likes

Haha thanks bro but it just happened and was not planned. After doing the rolls I did some slides but my head was still in the roll mode that’s why I was leaning more forward than usual and tada… I was surprised as well :laughing:

I tell you a secret about sliding: normally you put most of your weight on your front foot and then during the turn shift the rear leg to ignite/control the slide. During the slide I usually give more throttle for drifting which makes the slide more intense but harder to control. Last month I did slides on grass and tried locking the wheels instead of drifting and it’s great! Doing 180 slides bs and fs is so fun and much easier than drifting. Just hit 100% brake to ignite the slide (body weight on front foot), keep braking until the end and have fun :sunglasses:

3 Likes