Suggest a deck for me

to actually contribute something to the thread, if i were to build another board it would most likely be a madrid trapstar… that shape kinda lends itself to being an esk8 imo

5 Likes

13 Likes

Make it a sword board. :star_struck::star_struck:

7 Likes

I’d recommend against the swordboard deck

4 Likes

I’m digging this one. It’s on eBay.

3 Likes

What is the usable inside dimensions of the enclosure?

I’ve got 60 18650s in there laying flat 10 cells across and a unity with room to spare. I can get exact internal dimensions later, but i’m pretty sure its tall enough for 21700s as well.

3 Likes

I’ve got a rayne hellcat that I never got around to using, might part with it if you are interested.

I think it would fit your needs.

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/completes/42551/rayne-heritage-hellcat-longboard-skateboard-custom-complete

1 Like

I was sooo close to building one of these, always thought it would be a dope esk8 board as well. Looks dope, stable, is stiff, etc

3 Likes

I also looked at it

3 Likes

Hijacking this thread for a moment:

Looking for deck suggestions.
For reference I currently have a Loaded Tan Tien flex 2.
I like the flex on it but the wheelbase is too short at 67cm (27")

I tried the Loaded Vanguard flex 3 and it is a lovely deck but it feels too flat and feels a bit sketchy if going over 40kmh (25mph). The wheelbase is on point at 80cm (31.5")

I also tried the Rayne Killshot BabyKiller double drop and that convinced me I want at least a micro drop platform, that deck is also very nice but too stiff and a bit too short.

The Rayne demonseed 42 was too long and I do not wan’t rocker.

So TLDR;
I want a deck that,

• has a micro drop or double drop,
  • no rocker
  • wheelbase 30-32"
  • flexy but not as much as the vanguard
  • preferrably made from bamboo

I’m considering the Hummie deck but not sure if it will be too stiff.
I’ve also considered the Rayne Future Killer since I really like the Avenger, but the Avenger is too slim in the back, would prefer a symmetrical deck.

Help me out here please :pray:

https://skate.arborcollective.com/collections/decks/products/dropcruiser-artist-schommer-deck

+1 for any of the arbor drops, they make awesome boards, my first esk8 DIY was on an Arbor.

Madrid and Rayne likely have something you are looking for too.

@RhinoTH i actually sell this deck if you want
[EU] Brand New Long Island deck