Suggest a deck for me

Dude, he has invested an untold amount of hours and shitloads of money into becoming the talent he is now. And he’s supposed to just hand that to you?

8 Likes

Its like going to kfc and asking for the 11 herbs and spices!

Edit: ohhhh boy, fuck that was a stupid comment. I immediately regret sending it, Im just high waiting for my chicken

7 Likes

Cookbooks exist, they are generally not written by amatuers.

That is impossible, I don’t believe even if he wanted to Sender could provide enough instruction and help online for others to replicate the exemplarily product he provides. If that was the aim I believe that they would need to invest almost as many hours and as much money as he has, assuming they had the talent to do so.

I do however believe that collaboration and sharing benefits everyone :man_shrugging:. Take VESC hardware and software as an example, where would we be without Benjamin Vedder?

I’m just a low budget esk8’er that wants a deck that looks half as good as Sender’s and doesn’t know how that’s accomplished. I didn’t expect asking him to share to be controversial.

I’d also like to sight Louis Rossman as an example of someone who shares his knowledge and maintains his business doing the same thing. While not entirely applicable to this situation I think it fits enough to be worth mentioning :man_shrugging:.

6 Likes

You asked. He declined. You kept going. Pushing him to share was the controversial part. Take no for an answer.

6 Likes

Noted, I will admit it was cheeky to do so but I thought it was worth try and tbh I didn’t have anything to lose.

3 Likes

Ok, so:

• great for carving, yet responsive
  • fun, yet not flexible
  • good with wide trucks since you have dual 6374
  • street build aka urethane wheels

I would suggest a drop deck of some sorts for the responsiveness, and TKP trucks for the carving. (You could do TKP front, RKP rear) Shorter would be better for the fun aspect I think. Eboosted seems to be developing an enclosure for the LY Switchblade 38", which I personally think is a fun deck. Or, if you’re really set on making your own enclosure, just look at what’s discounted on sickboards and see if anything tickles your fancy.

Deck and enclosure should be the 1st thing you choose in a build, and then you plan on from there, so I hope your plans aren’t too set in stone :slight_smile:

7 Likes

According to your needs I’d choose the Loaded Vanguard, is a really fun deck, road imperfections are absorbed by the flex of the deck, is really fun to carve but not the best for high speeds, which is not what you are after, as I understand.

I’d avoid calibers, instead go with CRonins they are way more fun for cruising and carving, if you can invest more money get Surfrodz TKPs.

6374s are not a good choice for this deck, I’d suggest to run inwards dual 6355s.

I have an enclosure for 10s4p, but if you choose to go 12s4p I also have a variant for it, in this case go with the flex 1, the 12s enclosure fits nicer on a longer deck

1 Like

This means dual diagonal configuration only. Put the motors on the real heelside and front toeside.

Unless you want one motor in front of the rear truck and the other motor behind the rear truck.

1 Like

Are there any mounts currently made to fit CRonins?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I’ve got a good selection to look at now.
In terms of trucks I’m gonna start with calibers as I already have some and upgrade as I go. I love having a project I can gradually improve over time and save up for new pars every month or two

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I wonder why though.
More people might attempt doing their own boards, but honestly, after doing it once myself, I am more likely to employ your services next time than I was before. Based on my personal experience, I would argue that it might actually benefit you.

2 Likes

I love that black killshot with the skull. But I am on a self imposed deck collecting hiatus for the time being. Too many incomplete builds and way too many decks eating into my workshop/garage/car/life space :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

is there anything wrong with this approach? its what i would try if i got my hands on some 6396s

3 Likes

I like it but if you have a kicktail you lose a lot of it’s functionality, or if you don’t it might just look funny.

3 Likes

two motors out the rear allways look funny to me, i prefer them under the deck, i dont see why having one big instead would change that :joy:

i guess i dont get why you would take dual diagonal over rear drive… yet…

1 Like

From what I’ve heard it’s better in wet conditions where you are more likely to lose traction on a whole truck rather than both.

1 Like

Dual diagonal is good when traction is an issue — for example, when slamming on the brakes in the rain, you still have one wheel on each truck steering and one wheel braking. If you lock up both rear wheels, you lose steering on the back truck.

But for the most part, rear drive is really good.

2 Likes

I can press you a Witchblade deck, drop through or top mount, make it any color you want, grip it any way you want, and include an enclosure already mounted for $350 plus shipping.

9 Likes

I suggest :arrow_up: that Witchblade

Also, don’t be fooled — blue is faster than red all day :smirk:

4 Likes

This is the worst kind of lie. One that sounds plausible. But rest assured, red is much, much faster and I happen to have red veneer face layers.

4 Likes