Suggest a deck for me

two motors out the rear allways look funny to me, i prefer them under the deck, i dont see why having one big instead would change that :joy:

i guess i dont get why you would take dual diagonal over rear drive… yet…

1 Like

From what I’ve heard it’s better in wet conditions where you are more likely to lose traction on a whole truck rather than both.

1 Like

Dual diagonal is good when traction is an issue — for example, when slamming on the brakes in the rain, you still have one wheel on each truck steering and one wheel braking. If you lock up both rear wheels, you lose steering on the back truck.

But for the most part, rear drive is really good.

2 Likes

I can press you a Witchblade deck, drop through or top mount, make it any color you want, grip it any way you want, and include an enclosure already mounted for $350 plus shipping.

9 Likes

I suggest :arrow_up: that Witchblade

Also, don’t be fooled — blue is faster than red all day :smirk:

4 Likes

This is the worst kind of lie. One that sounds plausible. But rest assured, red is much, much faster and I happen to have red veneer face layers.

4 Likes

to actually contribute something to the thread, if i were to build another board it would most likely be a madrid trapstar… that shape kinda lends itself to being an esk8 imo

5 Likes

13 Likes

Make it a sword board. :star_struck::star_struck:

7 Likes

I’d recommend against the swordboard deck

4 Likes

I’m digging this one. It’s on eBay.

3 Likes

What is the usable inside dimensions of the enclosure?

I’ve got 60 18650s in there laying flat 10 cells across and a unity with room to spare. I can get exact internal dimensions later, but i’m pretty sure its tall enough for 21700s as well.

3 Likes

I’ve got a rayne hellcat that I never got around to using, might part with it if you are interested.

I think it would fit your needs.

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/completes/42551/rayne-heritage-hellcat-longboard-skateboard-custom-complete

1 Like

I was sooo close to building one of these, always thought it would be a dope esk8 board as well. Looks dope, stable, is stiff, etc

3 Likes

I also looked at it

3 Likes

Hijacking this thread for a moment:

Looking for deck suggestions.
For reference I currently have a Loaded Tan Tien flex 2.
I like the flex on it but the wheelbase is too short at 67cm (27")

I tried the Loaded Vanguard flex 3 and it is a lovely deck but it feels too flat and feels a bit sketchy if going over 40kmh (25mph). The wheelbase is on point at 80cm (31.5")

I also tried the Rayne Killshot BabyKiller double drop and that convinced me I want at least a micro drop platform, that deck is also very nice but too stiff and a bit too short.

The Rayne demonseed 42 was too long and I do not wan’t rocker.

So TLDR;
I want a deck that,

• has a micro drop or double drop,
  • no rocker
  • wheelbase 30-32"
  • flexy but not as much as the vanguard
  • preferrably made from bamboo

I’m considering the Hummie deck but not sure if it will be too stiff.
I’ve also considered the Rayne Future Killer since I really like the Avenger, but the Avenger is too slim in the back, would prefer a symmetrical deck.

Help me out here please :pray:

https://skate.arborcollective.com/collections/decks/products/dropcruiser-artist-schommer-deck

+1 for any of the arbor drops, they make awesome boards, my first esk8 DIY was on an Arbor.

Madrid and Rayne likely have something you are looking for too.

@RhinoTH i actually sell this deck if you want
[EU] Brand New Long Island deck