Stuff about double kingpin trucks

eLofty DKP trucks are 12" axle width as well

one of the cool deals about DKP trucks is that you can take out the center king pin plate and get ~35 degree TKP trucks if it serves your purpose…

5 Likes

Do the ownboard ones have extended axles?

Nope, they’re just evolve clones. Almost identical.

1 Like

The evolve trucks have extended axles. They have the smart variety of extended axles, stepped axles. The 8mm section is as long as a normal axle, 25mm, but they have an additional 10mm section for wheel pulley bearings. This way you do not need spacers, even if you do not use a pulley with a bearing. There are specialty bearings with the normal 22mm outer diameter and a 10mm inner diameter so you don’t need special pulley either. In addition, stepped axles have more material, and are stronger than regular extended axles for any given material.

The evolve trucks also have built in mount points for motor mounts. I believe that people make mounts for 63mm motors that are compatible.

If I was going to pick DKP, that’s what I would pick.

4 Likes

This is a good start I hear, it’s sort of like the Potter model but with pay and product

Potter model? Jeff Anning is been in business longer than Jason. His Evolve business model is 100% better, and his distributor chain all over the world is much robust than Jason’s. His is truly a family business. His wife is his business partner. Whilst Jason operated from a garage all this time building those imperfect Raptors. 'Cmonnn, what Potter model? :laughing:

3 Likes

Fucking HUGE wooooosh there again.

You’re captain woosh

6 Likes

We are testing and prototyping a lot of DKP trucks for the Titian Project X. So far we have 4 different DKP trucks which we test in various combinations of bushings, angles, widths, axles and other trucks.

At the moment I have the old Evolves, the new Evolves both with the 10mm to 8mm step, a 12" 8mm regular axle and a 15" 10mm extended axle. I can provide some detailed information if needed.

Which one is the most powerful Christian?

:sweat_smile: Can’t help myself, forever mature

7 Likes

Whats even better than DKP is just cheese grating your dick because that will probably happen when you fall from some of those wobbly ass dkp

3 Likes

However the front trucks do not have extended axles, so i believe china 6x2 wheels dont fit?

Sure man, post everything you have!

If they have the standard mounting width of 25mm they fit. If they don’t, you probably should just go buy hubs that do fit that like sixshooters or bergmeisters. Having non-standard size parts is just begging for incompatibility issues.

Yeah, I swear half the people who shit talk DKP never even tried a tuned setup with riptide bushings and pivots lol. Ask @ARetardedPillow about his 13S setup on DKP’s.

I hit 35 with dkps last night no issue and the trucks are carvy af at speed too.

13 Likes

I guess, the wide ones with the 10mm axles :smile:

I personally feel very comfortable on DKP trucks up to 30mph on loosest setup possible.

But will test soon higher speeds, too.

2 Likes

Yeah for real, everytime I see someone talk mad shit on DKP, it’s lol as I’m cruisin 35mph down the street every day on them. I’m not like some pro 90mph downhiller, I just know how to set them up and they’re as stable as any precision RKPs I’ve had with similar effective angle. Not gonna argue that a 10 degree RKP is going to be more stable at 50mph than a DKP but that’s a whole nother thing. Nothing inherently unstable about DKP. They can pivot a lot more but that’s kind of the idea there.

7 Likes

additionally many people find they are even more stable at higher speeds than RKP, when hitting a pump. This could be due to the suspension like behavior of the DKP compared to RKP or TKP.

1 Like

Yep! I run Riptide bushings on my Evolve trucks able to still carve and do 35mph.
The only trucks I’ve ridden so I can’t say if others are better or worse but they work for me.

6 Likes

Is that a sealed belt drive or a gear drive?

Gear drive from @IDEA. 20/40 gear ratio.
I was currently running his other gear drive for the 50xx motors. I just recently got new housings and mounts from him to go to a 63xx motor.

1 Like

It always baffles whenever this topic comes up that people are immediately trashing dkp trucks.
They are a lot of fun. As with all mass produced products they need tuning especially the chinese knock offs but once tuned are fantastic. Would I ride a set at 40 plus mph? No I wouldn’t but that speaks more of my own ability than whether the trucks can do it.
Would I ride a set of channel trucks at plus 40mph? Again no because I do not know how to safely.
Give me a set on a board capable and within a couple of weeks I would be capable so if you are going to use them for high speeds then take it slowly and get very used to them but for sub 30mph there is no more fun set up for some nice carvy cruising. Theres a very good reason why Jeff limits the current on his creations. Above 35mph is not for a beginner on any trucks.

6 Likes