Stuff about double kingpin trucks

So I was looking for double kingpin trucks and on the surface it seems like the only doubles that are suitable for eskate are the Evolve supercarve trucks.

Now here are some of the dual kingpin trucks I found that can work well.

Evolve supercarve trucks
Quality: good
Size: 12 inch
Extended axles: no rear: yes

Flipsky 12Inches Dubbele Kingpin Elektrische Skateboard Beugel Vrachtwagens Met Pc Cog Voor 63 Motor Longboard Trucks Katrol Wiel Vrachtwagens|Skateboarden| - AliExpress (is this legit?)
Ownboard double kingpin trucks
Quality:
Extended axles: No

Verreal double kingpin trucks
Quality:
Size:
Extended axles:

Elofty direct drive double kingpin
Quality: medium
Size: 235mm
Extended axles: no

Gullwing sidewinder double kingpin truck (maybe paris mount?)
Quality:
Size: 10 inch
Extended axles: No

Aliexpress dual kingpin truck, same as the front truck of the elofty drive (paris style).
Quality: probably poor

It would be great if people that have multiple of these could give their opinion, and sizes/specs of them here so we can see what trucks can be combined, which are the widest and if they have extended axles.

Here is some details about the lofty drive:

Front truck is 23.5 mm wide, no extended axles

Rear truck has kinda? Extended axles. Didnt measure the width yet bc i dont wanna take off the wheels again (thats a pain in the ass)

Flipsky decides to offer a range of dual kingpin trucks too:

The 12 inch dual kingpin seems the same as the ownboard/verreal trucks.

The 13.75 inch dual kingpin option uses 10mm axles!
Extended axles: no (on the rear they have extended axles since they dont have a step down to 8)

1 Like

I believe @dickyho is gonna sell DKP trucks with mounts too

4 Likes

The evolve ones seem better quality. Just have to change the pivot cups and bushings.

3 Likes

Does anyone know which ones are the widest?

2 Likes

They all belong in the trash can :rofl::kissing_heart: seriously though I cant recommend dkps to anyone. Especially for the price of the evolve trucks!! You should get some precision tkp trucks and experience something much better than those things listed above

9 Likes

DKP is situationally fun.

6 Likes

DKP front trucks with TKP rear trucks running a split angle set-up is fun carvy and stable and fun as fuck!

DKP rear trucks are meh unless you wanna slalom

6 Likes

There’s no convincing me to see dkps as a good option for anybody spending the amount of money we do on these things. Esk8s just deserve better, and so do all of you!!

1 Like

The new evolve trucks are forged aren’t they? Arguably stronger but not as precise.

With all that’s being said we sort of need to give Evolve a nod these days, they’ve are actively fixing all of their failings with each release. As far as prebuilds go they are pretty good now.

10 Likes

Their CEO actually seems like a smart person, they have set up a good distribution system, and they most likely actually pay their employees

4 Likes

This is a good start I hear, it’s sort of like the Potter model but with pay and product

6 Likes

I had the older evolve trucks and they just felt sloppy compared to my surf rodz. I’m not saying the new ones aren’t stronger or cant be fun. Obviously it is hard not to have fun riding an esk8 regardless of trucks, but the experience can be better with quality components

precision trucks indeep much expensive. dose it possibly to modify a existing truck into kind of like precision truck?

1 Like

A lot of the sloppy on evolve trucks comes down to the bushings. Replace the bushings and cups and they’re worlds better. It’s like, yo dawg, I heard you like TKP so I put TKP on your TKP. :joy:

8 Likes

You can definitely tune trucks and improve response to your liking with riptide pivot cups, good bushing combination and precision washers

1 Like

I’ve simply spoiled myself with precision trucks and have since switched all 4 of my builds. Just cant go back lol

2 Likes

I have a very good time with my dkps, i feel like the carve is more predictable. I am wondering which of the trucks is the widest though because i like the wide look. Not making boards for speed ofc

The Evolve and Ownboard are both 12" (306). As far as I know those are the widest common DKPs around.

2 Likes

My Backfire Ranger X2 has DKPs, and I love them (on that board). It tops out at 20mph, and has a nice flexible deck. The feeling I get reminds me of snowboarding. Probably wouldn’t want to go a whole lot faster on these, but under 25 is no problem with proper bushing setup.

1 Like

@BluPenguin is a god on dkp’s :slightly_smiling_face::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like