Stormcore for iOS App Bug Reports & Feedback (SERIOUS)

So had this show up on the app. Not sure what it was since on the ride itself I didn’t feel anything different till much later (which you can see on these metrics at all anyway).

2 Likes

Looks like something happened that would cause your voltage to dip super low… did it trip a fault at all?

None as far as I can tell.

I dunno, those metrics are directly from the vesc, so the fact that it registered some number means the vesc reported that number…

what if any are the iPhone restrictions? Thinking of picking up and old iPhone to try this out!

Thanks

If it runs iOS 13 it’ll run this app!

1 Like

I picked up a used iPhone SE for testing on Amazon, think it was like $100.

3 Likes

Update that probably makes this app more useful to people

10 Likes

Figured out what was the issue. Turning off the board without stopping the ride recording it reads like that.

That ride I went to a coffee shop and I forgot to hit stop record.

3 Likes

Eggzakery!!!

Ah ok, that makes sense. Yeah the app only records vesc ticks so if you turn the board off while a ride is still ongoing it will pause recording until you turn the board back on

1 Like

Yep! I had video going, so after checking I saw that. Thank goodness lmfao.

3 Likes

Small update to fix dumb mistake

• Slightly rework Chart UI
  • Fix not being able to input decimals in battery config
2 Likes

Stormcore App v0.1(10) performed great with its connection today, and I like the data points!

Not sure how to fix the ODO though. Also, the ESC and Motor current values seem halved?

1 Like

Currently for those values it averages from both sides so the draw should be half the total. I have to update the database schema to support combined values, which i’ll do soon.

I’ll change the odometer to current ERPM for now, until some fw change is implemented to show the correct data.

Just curious, what setup are you running? I notice your voltage is at 90% at 32V. 8S?

1 Like

10S1P 15Ah LiFePO4 pack with the big Headway 40152S cells. I’m building another P group to double up on this one. That’ll alleviate any voltage concerns I have currently.

The battery % reading is incorrect due to the fact I’m using LiFePO4 cells, and because I have it setup as 8S in the app. 8S Li-Ion and 10S LiFePO4 is very close in Voltage.

Ah I see. Does setting the max and min cell voltages for your lifepo pack at 10s not work for you?

1 Like

Haven’t tried it TBH, just kept it the same as the VESC Tool, since that doesn’t have provision for LiFePO4 either.

Also, measuring LiFePO4 remaining capacity is problematic, as it maintains voltage very deep into the discharge cycle.

In this case for example it says 90%, but in reality I know I’ve got like 25% of my total range left.

4 Likes

Wondering why I didn’t see that in the Detection Wizard. Hmmm. Thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like