Stormcore esc won't take any of my XT90 connecters?

I was hoping to use an XT90 male connectors with 10 awg wires already soldered in to skip doing it myself? Problem is the male ends of the XT90 won’t fit into the Stormcore 60D ESC I bought? I can talk to Lacroix and see what they say but bummed I couldn’t just fit the connectors together?

See pics, the xt90 not in the ESC connects fine? The shape differences are negligible but I can’t connect to the damn ESC?

thanks!

3 Likes

Hmmm not sure this is a job for the Chi Battery Hammer

2 Likes

that ESC costs too damn much $$$ to be hammering in anything! I’ve been buying components and tools for a year or more as I use any extra cash little by little for this board! Lol! I’m afraid to push it hard and damage the nodes…

1 Like

How hard did you try to push the female one on, btw, I’ve heard they can be quite tight

2 Likes

Yeah push harder, mine was hard to fit too but It should :slight_smile:
YOu can also unscrew the black part, plug your XT90 then put the black part back

They can be hard to get in. The middles of male plug in the storm core itself can droop. :joy:
You can chamfer the edges of the female plug to ease entry, so to speak…

4 Likes

:weary: :hot_face:

See these chamfers?

Try that.

2 Likes

Get it in there my boy

2 Likes

I thought the same thing when I got my Stormcore. Wiggle it up/ down and side to side when trying to connect. It will fit.

2 Likes

Spit on it first?

3 Likes

Yeah if you’re having trouble getting it in try adjusting the angle a bit

obvious lack of foreplays

2 Likes

Just needs some red n tacky

or maybe just talk to her nice, and bring champagne

Bruh what in tarnation are you guys tryna do

1 Like

Don’t make the same mistake I did:

WRONG (there’s a “bumpstop” here that makes it feel like it’s fully seated):

RIGHT:

5 Likes

So you got a lot of replies.
Gonna give us any updates on how this went for you? To help out people who may have the same trouble?

2 Likes

build back in process, I appreciate any advice and comments you have along the way.

first photo—So I got the xt90 into the stormcore, just had to give her some serious foreplay and then she took er in! LOL!

You can see how there isn’t much wire left to solder the main positive and negative of the battery pack but should be enough?

last photo----Also, I’m thinking I’ll mount the BMS on top of the stormcore ESC with a pad isolating them from each other. Your thoughts?

1 Like

BMS on top of stormcore is an interesting idea, but it could work.
The biggest possible issue I can see coming is that the stormcore can get very hot your BMS won’t like that. Also, by mounting the BMS to the ESC, you reduce the ESC’s ability to cool. If you live in a warm area or ride fast or if you’re heavy, that can lead to overheating issues.

As for the exposed wire to solder - I’ve never built a battery and I won’t pretend to be an expert, but I have soldered before, but I don’t think thats enough wire. Artem (skyartpower.com) left about 1cm of exposed wire on my battery which seems to have the job. Tbh I think your positive cable is alright, its more your negative that’s an issue.

Oh also to give you a rough idea of ESC heat:
Board + my weight is just over 80kg and if I ride at 25mph, and accelerate and decelerate quickly my stormcore gets up to 45°C on a 20°C day. That is also without a proper heatsink.