Stooge Raceboards Web-Store Up

Does this mean I was correct in saying that “ I wouldn’t be surprised if the next generation of Stooge Race Boards followed more of my ideas and came out with W concave and a single motor duel wheel drive. ”

Looks like these will be shipped with the new Hobbywing ESC?

2 Likes

The Hobby Wing esc is proving it self easy, robust and very reliable. Run temps stay cool on hot days with hours of track run time. 300a sustained 2000a spike.
Has basic data logging and bluetooth programming.

4 Likes

Inspired by the W red-embers put in the 44 I had design input in along with @Psychotiller, Matt Carol and Jamie.
Still a great deck and very relevant

Short rod work loooong time ago.
Short hangers,
Narrow setup single.

Definitely inspired by somthing.

Sure did appreciate the work you did on my baseplate, thank you @JaysTCB

I dont appreciate the interweb trolling or the murder of v-5 #011.
That part kinda sucks

4 Likes

Drama drama drama.

Final decision: I give 100 points to @MoeStooge Moe for the design of v6 proto. @JaysTCB I award you no points.

YARN | I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. | Billy Madison (1995) | Video gifs by quotes | bb0637c9 | 紗

3 Likes

Yeah but aint nobody like flat decks

4 Likes

RE44 definitely still a great and relevant deck argh must resist building another one

2 Likes

Thank you for finally showing some appreciation and recognition to what I have done for Stooge. That’s all I ever asked for. But you are only showing people the first prototype baseplate I made and not the current one that I designed and started manufacturing and that is what you are selling.

PS it’s not trolling when it’s public information that gets put on my page by you.

Plus… in response to the V5 #11 that you say I murdered. Everything I did to that board made it a better riding board. That’s probably why you’ve used. Almost everyone of my ideas on your latest creations.

4 Likes

I’ve done a lot of racing, and R&D machining for Brandon Biggs, a.k.a. Moe, a.k.a. Stooge. I’ve worked 12 hour days in the machine shop just to come home and work another six hours at home building base plates so he could claim the credit. All I asked, was for some recognition. And he blasted me on this forum,
and on the latest version above He used my idea of the one motor 2 Wheel Dr system and is claiming that as his own idea as well, even though I’ve been doing that since before Brandon knew what electric skateboard was.

2 Likes

…so what happened to #011? :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I am very interested in building out my next board with a Max4. The performance is awesome but I am hesitating a bit because of the configurability. Just out of curiosity, can you set the torque by adjusting the amps directly? Can you adjust both battery and motor currents? Or only by setting “punch” to what you want on a scale of 1-9? Can you limit top speed or max duty cycle? Also, what data do you see in the logs?

2 Likes

Motor rpm limits follow what voltage you are using.

Torque limiting 1-9 slows the ramping speed and does not limit amps or volts.

Datalog does not graph. But does have a bluetooth live data option with mph. Programming is simple and fast. The esc operates smooth and precise.
If you end up hoing this way let me know. I can get you hooked up with the HW components.

7 Likes

I see! It’s interesting that there’s no way to set the current. Have you guys tried out the 2 motor Max 4 setup yet? That must be very punchy, probably even overkill :laughing:

Actually just found it on google that you can view data on a graph.

I imagine the “ESC current” readout is the motor amps and not battery amps?

Can you please go through a log to check if this actually gets above 300A if you push it hard? HW’s webpage is confusing regarding the current. 300A constant but 2000A peak. I don’t see how it could peak 2000A xD But maybe you can actually sustain something like 500A for a second or two? If so I’m sold.

If I end up going this route on my planned build the gearing will probably be setup for at least 60mph, so I will definitely need more amps than 300. Will want to end up around 1kN of force at least. I currently have around 500N on my board with the shortest gearing but I want more.

Thanks but I’m in the EU so it probably would be cheaper to buy it directly here because of taxes and international shipping. I’ll definitely take a couple of months until I start building this board though. Gonna be very unorthodox with a lot of custom made stuff. Hopefully will be finished for spring.

2 Likes

Super helpful.
Graph is a great tool to have, much thanks.

We setup a dual HW 70124 Ezrun motors with Castle xlx2 esc’s on @fessyfoo V-5
He has all the time anyone has on this and can elaborate on what he thinks. We currently do not have a dual max4 combo setup in the wild yet.

5 Likes

Made in USA. SRB Hubs and Drive hubs for the Made in USA BRP esk8 wheel line up.

8 Likes

Someone managed to push 416A through the max 4 on an rc car, so it seems like it can go above 300A. Alright, I am sold. :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m thinking of getting the BRP wheels for my RE44 setup, do you think you’d be able to make a custom length hub that works with my boardnamics drives?

I can provide a drawing / cad file if you want for the interface with the drive & how much axle length I have

4 Likes

It has a ton of built in safety features, most importantly, the motor temps have significantly dropped after hard runs on hot days.

2 Likes

There was actually a couple different number 11’s

But the one that you’re talking about I modified. And because I modified it, it’s now labeled as destroyed or the frankenstooge, whatever people want to call it. But basically I modified the frame so I can add W concave. And I added a new top cover with W concave. And a lower cover with a little more clearance for my batteries. Then I added different heims to give me more turn. And a few other things like single motor, dual wheel drive on both front and rear, to make it an all wheel drive beast.

6 Likes

All possible. Would need your drive for a few days. Shoot me a DM on this and well see whats needed to make it happen.

4 Likes