Stooge Raceboards Web-Store Up

They’re definitely not like @JeffyJ’s after one hard session at I2S. I’ll let you know how they look after AVS.

I’ve been running castle 16T for a bit now . seem good.

EDIT: 14T. have the 16T sitting there.

3 Likes

These have been good for me. Not sure what shipping will be like to Australia though

3 Likes

My castle creation have been holding up just as good as losi

4 Likes

13 Likes

Gialong T: v5#1 (@DEEIF’s )
Gialan T: SSS (@MarioChacon’s)
Jeo: SS dual.
Reggie: notably absent his v5. :cry: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

at Race-N-ride

4 Likes

Where do you get a dual shaft motor like this, is it a custom order? I don’t see it on the Hobbywing website.

6 Likes

custom modification by Moe.

3 Likes

Gds lasted super well for me even with motor slips and out of aligned gears to really test them
Wore the pinions unevenly as a result but they still work fine just extra chatter now, would buy again and maintain things better :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Bummer, I really want to try some ideas for limited slip clutch on a dual shaft motor.

How difficult is it to do, just press out the existing motor shaft and press in a longer one? I have a buddy who is a machinist. Looks fairly simple on an outrunner:

IIRC Jason Lucier did it by replacing the shaft on castle 2028 in-runners. My understanding is The 70125 hobbywing inrunners however was more difficult it wasn’t easy/possible to get the shaft out.

1 Like

13 Likes

Oh sick!!! This would be amazing for Magnetic deck! No need for a front extension!

6 Likes

This would be perfect for the Odashi, Death-toll and Liquid Sword as well. 20% off… shoot that’s a deal.

7 Likes

What are the performance differences between the new short rod version compared to the traditional HD setup? On my HD’s I have to run an extension in the front and the forward-facing beak mount thing for the rear truck to allow for motor/drive clearance in the rear. Would these eliminate the need for the forward mount on the rear?

3 Likes

Are the baseplates the same with just an extra hole drilled and tapped? Nose piece as well?
Just curious as some maybe interested in modding their OG versions.

2 Likes

Would also love to see some pictures of the new short rod trucks on some esk8 applications.

3 Likes

Short rod reacts quicker than the long rod setup. The steer fulcrum is narrower, so it has less leverage over the hanger. Steering geometry is similar to the SS in leverage over hanger.

On the rear, this setup has more motor to rod clearance due to the new hanger setback position and narrower hanger mounts. Whether you run the motors under the deck or out the back, there is much more room.

9 Likes

Baseplate and bracket, will take both short and long rod versions.

OG plates could be modded as well as the hangers to accept the SR setup. 1.5" from the long rod hole. 5/8-18 thread

3 Likes