Stooge Raceboards Web-Store Up

Super helpful.
Graph is a great tool to have, much thanks.

We setup a dual HW 70124 Ezrun motors with Castle xlx2 esc’s on @fessyfoo V-5
He has all the time anyone has on this and can elaborate on what he thinks. We currently do not have a dual max4 combo setup in the wild yet.

5 Likes

Made in USA. SRB Hubs and Drive hubs for the Made in USA BRP esk8 wheel line up.

8 Likes

Someone managed to push 416A through the max 4 on an rc car, so it seems like it can go above 300A. Alright, I am sold. :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m thinking of getting the BRP wheels for my RE44 setup, do you think you’d be able to make a custom length hub that works with my boardnamics drives?

I can provide a drawing / cad file if you want for the interface with the drive & how much axle length I have

4 Likes

It has a ton of built in safety features, most importantly, the motor temps have significantly dropped after hard runs on hot days.

2 Likes

There was actually a couple different number 11’s

But the one that you’re talking about I modified. And because I modified it, it’s now labeled as destroyed or the frankenstooge, whatever people want to call it. But basically I modified the frame so I can add W concave. And I added a new top cover with W concave. And a lower cover with a little more clearance for my batteries. Then I added different heims to give me more turn. And a few other things like single motor, dual wheel drive on both front and rear, to make it an all wheel drive beast.

6 Likes

All possible. Would need your drive for a few days. Shoot me a DM on this and well see whats needed to make it happen.

4 Likes

Moe B Biggs on Instagram: "Night garage session. #srbv5 @red_beard_torgo #srbsss @mario_ridez @r.u.xx #stoogeraceboards"

SRB “SSS” Footage

3 Likes

from what ive seen of a max4 running in a big scale rc on 12s moving 100lbs of billet on hot days loll even still runs cool whatever they did to get thermals right its impressive

@deeznuts_pwned
With other motors, short track is where we build all the temps with constant quick accel and braking.
Weve been short track testing the 70/125 max4 single on 8s 38mph gearing.

On 12s the max4 gets really intense. Im sure with time on 12s it could be easily mastered. 12s changes the 8s 38mph gear to 60mph. 78/11 on 6" wheel
On 8s 70/125 single with max4 esc with 78/11 gearing it feels more like our xlx2 2028 setup.

The 70/125 560kv dual on 8s with the xlx2 and 38mph gearing performes like the 2028 8s with motor temperatures 10 to 15deg above ambient after several hard runs. Very cool!

5 Likes

Moving fwd with the Superspine gravity model.
We tested a few weeks ago with speeds upward of 52mph.
Though it is non powered, the SS design would be the first gravity raceboard inspired entirely from e-board track racing.

Our first tests were on our current downhill truck as well as the Superspine setup to build a comparison of grip balance between the 78mm topmount 3-link and 105mm wheel SS model.

The next round of testing will be adding our pat pending “Centerforce RTC” hanger to the 3-link. Centerforce has a mechanical return to center (RTC) when weighted utilizing the SRB 3-ling design features. We have e-board tested the hanger without bushings at 40+mph at AVS and broke the uphill record at Maryhill with it on our standard SRB 3-link. Looking fwd to testing and racing for Downill with the 3-linkRTC Centerforce. Will be bringing it to market as an add on for our current SRB 3-link truck design. Centerforce in completion will be a CNC aluminum product attatching the radius rod vertically with a bolt in design coupeling the spindle and hanger together. Currently we are in the process of raceproving the prototypes. The future is looking good.

20230819_134214

Also in the works. We have been testing the 4" wide race slick for BRP. For our heavy racers we see improved ovarall grip with lower operating temps that produce longer runs. Should have some of these available in a few weeks on 45a rubber.

13 Likes

Holy craaaaap! A couple Hawaii riders and I were comparing different wheel/tires with the current BRP wheels/tires. We were amazed how narrow everything else was. Well, these new wider tires are going to make revisit that topic.

3 Likes

Are the wider tires on the same bearing seat spacing? How much of an offset is there? Any concerns about additional strain on the bearings or hubs as a result of the offset?

3 Likes

@Ac53n No concern and track tested. Wheel uses the same backspacing so it is a direct bolup on our current hub.
We use a 10x28 bearing set. The drive hub has a 54mm total bearing spread. Front hub is 10x28 bearing set on a 35mm bearing spread.

2 Likes

The superspine on the seismics :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2023

To me it looks like the mod is adding rake to your originally “rakeless” 3 links.

Is this different from the function of rake we see on other trucks?

Truck Geometry | Sabre Longboard Trucks UK (sabretrucks.com)

5 Likes

I might be headed this direction too. for my commuter. 3link, boardnamics, brp.

2 Likes

I debated for a while on what term the effect falls on. I have come to the conlclusion it is neither rake or caster.
When weighted it loads the radius rods and creates a mechanical return to center.

1 Like

I remember @Tony_Stark employed some similar science on one of his prototypes

3 Likes