Stooge Raceboards V-4

Damn. If I ever fall off at 50mph I probably won’t be going that fast again

6 Likes

Belly pan.

30 Likes

Looks awesome @MoeStooge is there any aluminum echo or hollow rattle on the 100% aluminum board?

1 Like

Panels are all clearanced and locked down. Rolls quiet. If there is a rattle you know it. Rattles drive me crazy. I don’t like noises impairing the enjoyment of those gear drives when they are singing.

11 Likes

Steering Damper from CBR 1000. Voltage 5-12v dialed from. I usually set from 5-7v

20 Likes

They are not.

Only racing and other stuff on them is.

If you use them as a commute tool and rarely exceed 25mph (40kn/h) and skate in safe places, then they are most certainly not death traps.

You can use them in such an unsafe way, as you can almost any other vehicle. But it’s the rider’s decisions, and not the vehicle type, that’s causing that.

7 Likes

Sure. I’ll agree to that. Just like cars are deathtraps too, or motor bikes, or etc.

5 Likes

Pocket knives must be death traps because you can accidentally stab yourself at any time or cut your finger off trying to close it.

6 Likes

and guns and knifes, baseball bats, and rocks hurt people, most certainly not the people who wield them…get a zorb…

4 Likes

best way to survive a 50mph eskate crash with no issues?

… a little bit of alcohol. just a smidge.

4 Likes

@MoeStooge
Any developments in the footwear for V4?

5 Likes

learn to slide, not tumble, keep extremities tucked close to your body, don’t use hands, arms, head, or face to brace for impact

6 Likes

TLDR: Don’t brace for anything if you can’t help it.

I’ve gotten hit by a car twice in my life, once hit the hood of a car (car running a stop sign), I was going 45mph, only wearing a helmet, kneepads and slide gloves. The second time was head on. A third time head on, but not super fast and the underside of the car stopped me. Then wiping out from speed wobbles at 50+. All the times this advice did come handy I can’t remember, cause I didn’t almost die… maybe that’s saying something about your advice :+1:

I can say each time it didn’t help, it was unexpected enough for me to thankfully give up in an instant and just let go. There was nothing to brace for- it already happened! Each time I never broke a bone in my body… In my head I “don’t know how” but I know in my heart and gut that had I braced for anything I’d be a lot worse off today.

Knowing how to slide helps. knowing how to bail helps… but when a wob creeps up and tosses you off in a quarter of a second where one second is pure peace and Bliss and the next bit of perception you have is staring up at the Moon at 50mph, it’s still pure Bliss, there’s something about these eternal moments, that sometimes dont hurt all that bad. 800mg ibuprofen goes a long way.

on topic? I’d ride this monster, carefully.

10 Likes

First round of foam was marginally better than the origional foam.
We will keep digging. My target is a single wheel loaded @ 80lbs that will go 6 miles At 60mph. https://www.instagram.com/p/B8aLrgNJ2PF/?igshid=1bgr1fxu8t8c5

7 Likes

How long until you think the next round of foam will come?

totally agree to that. Even if you are a descent rider on a weak eskate, malfunction could kill you at any time. Just a small amount of unwanted braking force out of the blue can be deadly, if you are not prepared for it. Its not the form of the vehicle, its about malfunction, that we have to deal with a lot, no matter if its diy or a brand board.
Surely racing faster boards is pretty dangerous,much more than riding slow weaker boards for sure, but professional, experienced downhill riders know how to behave while wiping out most of the time (similar to them motorcycle racing drivers) which is no guarantee at all to get out of the situation at best health.
BUT, they are sensitive for that and have got instinct, and can react in between a quarter of a second faster on a regular longboard, then they can bc of a malfunction on an eskate. That is a really big difference imo bc for example, there is no sudden break on regular longboard going downhill but can always happen on an eskate.
I know a guy who had a very very bad accident, while riding the fuck in almost slowmotion (was about 3mph), then was thrown of the board bc of malfunction.This wipe out ended up very bad for him and he had several surgeries because of that, not sure ever be able to ride again.
DEATH TRAP.

1 Like

So then you also think an automobile, an airplane, a roller coaster, a bicycle, and a train are all also death traps. Because the same is true for any of those.

But people don’t typically choose to drive trains at 250mph or fly airliners at 1500mph or ride bicycles at 125mph or drive cars at 300mph. Some people do choose to ride esk8 at insane speeds then call them death traps.

Yawn. You’re just stroking your own ego. It’s called “racing” plain and simple.

1 Like

just the fact that we have no handles like a bike or a car makes it a big difference…stroke stroke
sorry forgot, you have one

pffffffft…

walk then!

oh I may trip over my shoe lace… or a crack in the road, or get hit by a meteor… maybe esk8 aint for you…

3 Likes

I am with @JaysTCB on this one.
Eskates are death traps plain and simple.
You can fall due to a million things even at low speeds and without any warning.
A lockup at 20mph can lead to a serious injury.
I mean we rely on a wireless connection for brakes FFS.
That said they are extremely fun and with proper caution they can be sort of safe.
But they will never be as safe as a bike for example.

6 Likes