Stickerbomb B/W - First build LY Evo 40- Dual 6374 - Psychotiller Evo enc - 12s4p 40t

And that works better in your experience with the depicted inserts? Why?

Same over here :wink:

Since those bolts are a lot harder to strip I can apply a lot more force

2 Likes

Interesting. That did not work for me either. I have some M5 inserts (very similar if not identical to the ones you depicted) for which I had to drill size 10 (don’t know the unity for that?) holes. Using a massive screwdriver I was then finally able to screw those inserts in the deck. However, very few I got straight and even less of the inserts position matched up with the holes that I had drilled previously into the enclosure. Thus, I had to significantly increase the diameter of the holes in the enclosure or even drill entirely new ones again later.

Edit: Overlooked that you actually also have the nuts on the bolt … so you are actually using those nuts rather than the bolt to screw the inserts in?

Those nuts are just spacers cause my bolts are too long. Lining up the holes and getting them straight are a whole other thing. The holes on my enclosure are extra wide but I use washers to remedy that.

1 Like

Think I am going to try this technique shown below next time (sorry for the shitty quality - this is a screen shot taken from a german YouTube video in 240p from 2010)

However, I found it really difficult to get those threaded inserts straight on the board, so perhaps this may help?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syp1uRvMVak&feature=youtu.be&t=246

Was hard trying to put it in first time cuz I was using a small drill bit. Stripped like 2-3 m4 heads so I went for a slightly big drill bit, it helps alot on installing the inserts plus epoxy.

2 Likes

Painted and stained the deck. Symmetry wise I just eyeballed it :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

Redid the deck while waiting for the battery.
Stickerbombed and Glass frit the LY Evo.
This was really helpful and worth a read Forget the grip use Glass Frit
No trial run I just went for it and it came out nice :+1:
Medium frit and 3 thick coats of Spar urethane.

8 Likes

Really cool look you’ve got here. What sticker pack did you use for this?
also, well dont on the Frit, I’d say it couldnt have gone better for a first go

Got this stickers at Amazon

4 Likes

Nice. Another stickerbomb deck. Let me know how yours holds up. Looks great.

2 Likes

Added another thick coat just to be sure :sweat_smile:. Hope it holds up.
Your deck build popped when I was googling Stickerbombed deck. So it’s more of a copy and inspiration of yours but in b/w. :+1:

1 Like

Finally got the battery from @thisguyhere awesome work btw and put everything together in the enclosure. Barely fit everything in the Psychotiller Evo enc had to mount the bms on top and a step down converter on top of esc. No room to play around is heat gonna be an issue :unamused:

2 Likes

All done went for test drive too much for me :sweat_smile:.

Speed wobbles with riptide soft cone bushings almost ate ground 140lbs. :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

THat’s one of the more beautiful builds I’ve seen. Love the stickerbomb and frit with the black and white. What speed are you getting wobbles at?

@whaddys 15mph+ specially when I let go of the throttle the drag make it wobble.
Haven’t ridden in long time it’s probably why. Just need to get used to it. I got some flatland 3d hard bushing to try.

1 Like

That’s way too low of a speed to get wobbles at, ESPECIALLY on an Evo. Something’s definitely wrong; you’re not riding backwards, are you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Try the hard bushings in the back for sure.

2 Likes

Hi, could you share some info on your license plate lights? I would like something like this for my build as well :smiley:

Can u tell me where u got the bull bar?