Stickerbomb #f**kpushing fwd 33inch muirskate build

Battery secured, charge port done.

Mounts and motors on (but not adjusted)

11 Likes

Coming together nicely.

3 Likes

Ugh… slight failure.
While trying to install my inserts two of them pushed through the top. I knew i was cutting it close with how thin the deck was.
Soooo looks like im doing things the old way and drilling right through the deck.
Luckily the top is so busy you can’t really tell.
Unfortunately when they pushed through the epoxy topcoat cracked. I also knew this might end up happening due to the epoxy not bonding with the deck because of the stickers.

Oh well. Still looks dope

3 Likes

On a better note the enclosure really seems like it fits the deck well now that the gasket is on.

Next step is mounting loopkey, and routing phase wires. Haven’t quite decided how im going about those yet.

I also need to make the harness for my loopkey.
But probably not until after i figure out mounting it so this is gonna sit a few days.

Maybe ill paint the bottom of the deck in the meantime

The new enclosure looks good!

1 Like

So they Senderised deck is no match for the skunk. haha :rofl:. Well I guess we now know you cant fully sticker bomb a deck and hope it stays that way.

just had this discussion today about vinyl vs cloth under epoxy. Seems that cloth is the way to go if you want to cover a large area with your design and vinyl would be better for logos and such. If the contact area is too large the epoxy can not saturate the vinyl enough to encase it completely to the board and thus over time or in this case a protrusion can cause it to life up ruining all your hard work. I do like how colors pop on vinyl though.

Well not actually, you can do what I did and make a fabric

1 Like

very true very true. when in doubt fab it out

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I tried to not use any vinyl stickers there’s probably only four on there the rest are all paper I was hoping that the epoxy would saturate through but apparently not.

I’m about to get my haya senderized and we were discussing this. I decided on cloth because my design fully encases the board both top and bottom and I don’t want anything coming up at all. Plus all those deck holes on top will make it even more of a problem in the future if I went vinyl

1 Like

It’s a small detail but when I do my sticker bombs by hand I try to cut out as much white as physically possible so there’s not a white border between every single sticker.
It gives it a much cleaner look.

1 Like

It looks great man I can see the detail you put into it.

1 Like

I’ve probably gone through a good 10000 stickers in the past few years sticker bombing. My early stuff definitely doesn’t look as clean lol

I have gone through so many xacto blades in my life cutting paper and other shit for projects. God so many

1 Like

So i took the heatsink plate off, cleaned it and the enclosure. Did some light scoring on the enclosure. Spread a good amount of silicone on the mounting surface of the heatsink and put it back on the enclosure overnight with heavy weight on top.

This morning i did the same the the plastic piece on the inside of the enclosure.

I also installed the hardware clamping it all together with loctite. Gonna let it cure for 24hours. Tomorrow the inside is getting a coat of abs cement.

4 Likes

Pulleys and belts came in.

4 Likes

Things were dry enough so i added a layer of abs cement.

Might do one more but im pretty happy. Things will hopefully be sealed up nice and tight.

3 Likes

Enclosure is on. Im pretty happy actually. Even after having to drill through the deck. Luckily the top is so busy you hardly notice the button heads.
Next step is routing the phase wires. I need tiny extensions tho and my soldering iron took a shit last night.

I also wrapped my motors phase wires last night.

Inside heatsink ended up getting a few coats. Im really happy with it.

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: you kept the wore guard! Poor Ben