Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

I was definitely overthinking it. That’s why i wanted you to share the file. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Another solution is to just print the walls and have a cutout plate on top, shut tight like the trampa box.

4 Likes

After a lot of thought, I have decided to go with a 16s12p instead of 12s16p. A big reason for switching is so that I can fit a better enclosure under the deck. This one will have 16 m4** (now m5) screws. If it wasnt for all of your feedback on my enclosure and plan, I wouldnt have made the switch. How do you feel about this enclosure? I could make 4 sections instead but I feel like this would be better for flexibility? There will be some form of cutout between them for the balance + main wires

How do you feel about this instead for the mounting part?

1 Like

Interesting change. Seems like it would be a lot stronger, however if you are going only two screws maybe M5 would be better. I have 10 M4 screws holding up my 12s7p 18650 battery and they still tend to want to work themselves loose even with such a small load.

3 Likes

Can I get some Fs in the chat?

5 Likes

Simply put wow, I picked up the parts to build another SEB led controller, I will do a build guide on the weekend I will also donate the finished unit for your build.

1 Like

What! No you don’t have to do that! Omg :exploding_head:

1 Like

Its no bother…

1 Like

I think this is the nicest thing someone outside of my family has done for me in years. God bless you. Man I love this community :hugs: I just shared this for a laugh at my luck and so others in Canada dont have pay for shipping. I was going to say this week has gone from bad to worse. First mbs trucks are delayed, then yesterday my FS antispark came and it’s 13s max but now that I’m switching my build to 16s its useless now (I might just try it though) and now this with the cells. But now I don’t have anything to complain about. Thank you so much.

the moment u plug in the the 16s battery into that 13s AS, its gonna pop. y not just sell it off if u r not using it, instead of…basically instant kill it

3 Likes

There’s no other alternative way for me to get roll to start and auto shut off on my board? I’m
It’s weird that they say 60v but 13s when 14s 58.8V. That makes it seem to me like it’s a rough cut-off like their motors so it’s more like what boardnamics said about the FS 13s motors “I think Flipsky just tells people to run less voltage to reduce customer damage rates because 16s”. I also messaged flipsky yesterday on facebook and if I here from them that it’s okay or for sure it will fry immediately then I haven’t opened the packaging yet so I’ll sell it.

1 Like

For 16s roll to start? Ur best bet is stormcore100D

Motor works differently than AS or ESC, there is no MOSFET for u to pop in the motor, but there are in AS and ESC. That’s why it’s possible to go over the rating on motors but not AS or ESC

3 Likes

Voltage will spike well above 60V in transient conditions.
12s/50.4v is the maximum safe option for components rated for 60V absolute max. This is to account both for manufacturing tolerances and voltage spikes longer than a few microseconds that don’t get filtered by any capacitor and reach the entire circuit.
In short, it will pop even at 13S. Not when you plug it in, but when you slam the brakes because you’re about to crash into a car. Don’t risk it, not worth it.
Stormcore 100D should be the closest thing to a high voltage roll to start option you can get

2 Likes

Also keep in mind motors are just dumb components. In theory, and with enough cooling, you can connect that same motor to 3 phase 480V mains and it will spin. (No, don’t do it. Just no)
The only reason they are rated for only 13s is to limit the rpm within long service life levels. You can absolutely run it at 16, 20, even 22S, but when magnets explode because it’s spinning faster than a jet engine turbine, you should know why

Quick comparison:
Mosfet, led, diode, stm chip at over voltage: dead, never to work again

Resistor, motor, incandescent light bulb overvoltage: alive, but shorter life or overheating

3 Likes

Thank you both for the explanation. I will sell it. I already ordered the ubox and the storm core is far out of my budget. Can I get this? I haven’t seen anyone talk about it. I am confused by it sorry for my incompetence but do I fill this with water? Lol there are these two ports on the right hand side - what are those?

The two tube thingy is for the water cooling loop, mainly for efoil and other water related device (I think I’ve seen someone use it in ebike as well). If u r only pulling little amps, then maybe the thermal mass alone will be able to handle it, but 100% not 200A at 16s without any cooling. It will probably work, but only probably

2 Likes

It’s meant to have a watercooling loop, either closed system or straight from the pond the efoil is swimming in. Not really meant for esk8, but if you don’t intend to draw much current it will be ok. I recommend against it though

2 Likes

@frame how are you always 3 seconds ahead of me lol

3 Likes

jk, i don’t know, but i use speech to text quite a bit

4 Likes