SRB V-5 Chromoly tube chassis Inquiry

A larger version of the OG race wheel. Rubber over Hard Density foam.

7 Likes

18 Likes

Boys took the V-5 out today, this is what they brought back.

29 Likes

hehehehehe

2 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

That is insane

4 Likes

Still Vetting the BRP 6" race wheel. It’s been solid with everything thrown at it. Will be racing this wheel at the Bakersfield Outlaw (BakO) uphill this Sat in the sweltering heat at 40+mph. The SRB boards will all run limited at 80% that puts us on a 42mph final drive for the hill.
Wheel inserts showed up yesterday. I think they look nice and replace the thick washers we run under the lug nuts.
Looking more and more like these will be the standard wheel on the SRB V-5 for production.

12 Likes

Looks incredible Moe! If anyone hadn’t seen there’s a preview of the madness going down at Bako on Mario Chacon (on YouTube)

Pumped those wheels are testing well, been waiting for a return of these bad boys for a very long time.

The videos from BakO are going to be awesome, sad I can’t make it out but the lineups loookin incredible. Hopefully we can get a glimpse of those special rims spinning on one of the boards :open_mouth:

Looking good as always Moe!

3 Likes

I subscribed :sunglasses: :exploding_head:

Oh shit he saved it guys watch till the end and you’ll see what I’m talking about

15 Likes

Damn. I puckered up in my shorts at the end there. :grimacing: Yikes. Those boards sound mean as hell though. :metal: And those new wheels looke dope.

4 Likes

tfw you’re in a car, going uphill, and you get easily passed by 3 dudes on skateboards…

9 Likes

That looks like the perfect case for one of these:

I sharted my pants.

3 Likes

Some of the v4’s have electronic steering dampeners, but honestly it’s not necessary. I’d chalk Ryan’s wobbles up to not having a strong trigger finger, as after further looking you can see a very quick loss of speed/torque which he wasn’t ready for

5 Likes

Would a steering dampener still have helped in that situation or nah?

1 Like

Yeah, steering dampers resist big, rapid changes in direction. If your truck gets pushed right very quickly it’ll slow down the move and prevent it from going back and forth violently.

3 Likes

I had one on my last build. I never had a problem with it. Maybe I should include one on my new builds with the matrix2’s

5 Likes
8 Likes

This is a much watch, freaking incredible on the new v5

1 Like

I gotta try this filming angle out! Some lights on the board indicating throttle inputs/power draw would be a really good addition though I think.

2 Likes

It sounds like there is a problem with the drive train in that video?

Ah I thought I was the only one that thought that

It sounds awful, like there’s a tooth missing, almost.

And it vibrates around way more than I would think resonable

5 Likes