SRB V-5 Chromoly tube chassis Inquiry

@MoeStooge how was the CBR1000 steering damper?

1 Like

Damper worked well for the application. Being able to set the dampening resistance by changing the input voltage.

We eventually came to the conclusion that a proper setup was more important than dampening the steering. Trade off being slowing the steering transition time, vs masking stability.

9 Likes

Another awful sounding, tooth missing, camera vibrating podium sweep.
Maryhill E-Board Uphill race. Escs’ tuned at 80%

We had an amazing last day morning at the hill today with 9 DH riders making the 4.8mile up-down trip. SrbV-5. 8s 12000watts never a esc failure, NEVER

11 Likes

That explains everything lol, crazy that it was running well enough without it

Wild video as always, I’m sure I’ll see one in person some day

Good lord, NO!

1 Like

I think Moe was being sarcastic about the tooth missing but at this point I’m really confused.

Anyways, the boards are all awesome.

Am I just used to seeing the newer prototypes being longer (?) or does the one left of the podium look shorter than normal?

I’m also curious about the change in the gear noise while he’s turning. It’s not bad or anything, just wonder what’s mechanically happening to change the tune. Is it due to regenerative braking?

That shorter one is shorter irl. It was made specifically for a DH longboarder (A very good one at that) so it felt closer to his DH boards. It’s pretty freaking small in person

I have no idea either now, tooth missing would explain the horrible noise and the camera shaking, but same.

I agree

Mby the noise could be from the gears being full of dirt cuz open geardrive?

I read his first reply as sarcastic snark towards you because obviously the board works great despite whatever the noises we hear are, and the shakiness of the camera is really a moot point, who cares haha.

I then read his new reply as calling you daft for thinking there was actually a missing tooth lol.

I think there is infact not a missing tooth. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I’m gonna go throw my money at Moe for a hat or two cause the hats are also niceee.

A question for Moe tho that may bring some light to this - when you’re going into the turns on the videos, obviously you’re slowing down. Is this

• simply letting off the throttle ahead of the turn and naturally decelerating until you hit the throttle again

• actively braking via brakes on the remote

or

• passively braking via regenerative/air braking (?) AKA when you let off the throttle it automatically starts to engage brakes on whatever curve you have it set to. I think I read @JaysTCB had this sort of set-up on one of his race boards, can’t remember the correct term.

@Cyanoacrylate there’s a natural hum to a SRB that essentially sounds like a fucking X-wing zooming past you. I think we’re just confused as to what is causing the usual sound that you’re hearing through most of the video change when he’s going into/completing turns. Definitely not caused by dirt.

1 Like

Generally uphill slows the entry on most turn entries but active braking Is also used.
Short and long track depending on turn shape you can actively brake to the turn apex. Generally entry braking and free rolling the apex will produce optimal turn exit speed.
“Drag Brake” replaces neutral coast.
Neutral coast is what we use.

Turn shape and end of straight speed determines braking stragety.

Every turn has 3parts. Entry apex exit. Finding a proper line is #1, Braking sets the limits you can hold lateral G.

1 Like

shutterstuck u rub everyone the wrong way lol

Chassis back from powder coat. Vinyl on the belly pan. Things are getting close for the first three.

17 Likes

Lookin good!

1 Like

The Complete SRB V-5 Rolling Chassis.
Kit comes as assembled with an MBS F5 front half binding. We will be fulfilling the inquiry list in order as “Rollers” become available.
#001.

26 Likes

Wowww :hushed: The powder coat came out INCREDIBLE!!

2 Likes

Very nice

What’s the weight of the tubular frame / body panels by themselves?

2 Likes

@torqueboards any thoughts on wheels that size
/s

That whole board should be a timeless reminder of what hard work and dedication of improving craft can look like.

4 Likes

18 Likes

#001 is by far the nicest looking, @fessyfoo’s can’t compete :stuck_out_tongue:

21 Likes