SRB V-5 Chromoly tube chassis Inquiry

@Ace :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Pretty stoked to see the @davidbonde North Camp being produced. Looks like @ace is building himself a 12kw Raceboard.
78t open gear drives should be available by end of week.

11 Likes

@longhairedboy has it in his shop right now for battery construction

Best news all day!

5 Likes

@ace turns out the tracking# was wrong on the 78t delivery. Back in a holding pattern on these.

4 Likes

No worries. Can’t rush perfection

2 Likes

V-5 P1 on the track today.

IMG_20210711_161650

13 Likes

Where do you guys train it looks like balboa park?

I love it and the rise in the back to to keep you locked in :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yup, Supelveda Dam.

13 Likes

Mario putting it through its paces!

4 Likes

Next up: We actually just strap the Axles directly to your feet

5 Likes

So like Rollerbladez

3 Likes

It’s a very interesting take on things, excited to see how Moe improves it

3 Likes

Are you from the Valley?

2 Likes

I work in the San Fernando Valley. Live about an hour drive north.

4 Likes

V-5 Prototype #2.
Back to the old school “Race Wheel” Testing.
6" (155mm) version.
Short track testing concluded, more grip than our beloved Metro 155.
On to the wheel Dyno next for capitol punishment. The thought process is that the larger diameter , larger footprint and slower rotational speed will lower the overall wheel temperature we were fighting with the 120mm race wheel.
V-5 also performed pretty dam well. I’m ready to move this design toward production orientation.

900Wh of lipo fits comfortably with detachable belly pan for access. Usable 12,000 watts on open gear drives and adjustable SRB 3-link.

22 Likes

For anyone who doesn’t know, this is HUGE! The race wheels are insane. More grip then ever imaginable and a surprisingly good ride as well!

I’m really freaking hyped to get my hands on the V5, hopefully soon! It’s going to be interesting seeing how everyone uses the V5, I know that personally I’ve got some cool stuff planned for it

4 Likes

the question is would we be able to buy kits to produce our own wheels eventually :metal:

or like retread old hubs. Not sure their production process.

2 Likes

Don’t quote me on this, but from past conversations with Moe when you run out of tread you can send the hub back to him/the factory doing the rubber and they will apply a new “tire” onto the hub.

This also means that depending on how you ride you can have different duro rubber for front and back, right or left, toeside or heelside etc etc. for example if you feel loss of traction on heelside turns, get a softer duro for that side.

Tons of possibilities, I’m especially excited for a harder duro front and softer rear to see the efficient gains and how it affects the feel of the board (fast front with a grippy rear)

1 Like

Back when we were working with the original manufacturer the plan was to be able to rebuild wheels.
Since then the business was sold and the OG guy Retired that plan went away with that.

The 78t spur allows us to utilize the larger wheel.
On with another round of testing. :crossed_fingers:

17 Likes

Moe…. Is it rubber on foam or “only” rubber?

4 Likes