🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

I think so look through his topics he’s made

2 Likes

So are the xlx2 running consistent now?
Or is there still the fw issue moe described?
The xlx is just not available :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hy philo
Are the flier escs working?
Any issies detected so far?
Is the issue with the different powers gone?
Kr and thx

Im running this now, works fine imo.
The only issue you may have is needing larger balls to handle the Mamba torque. XD

9 Likes

Might be the second best thing I’ve heard all week!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thx very much!!

1 Like

May i ask why there are 6 connectors?
Youre running 8s right?
Kr

Each battery is a 10ah 4s Brick. Two Bricks wired in series is 8s. Sets of bricks are then wired in parallel.

The xt90 works for battery connectors for series parallel.
Use these antispark connectors for the ESC. I put the anti spark terminal on the negative ESC side. Would not hurt to use these for the batt Conn as well.
AS150 Anti-Spark 7mm Gold Bullet Connector for DIY Drone ESC Motor Battery FPV | eBay

8 Likes

Xlx2 still has the off coasting slight drag Brake when reintroducing throttle issue. We have raced the ESC. The issue has not been resolved by castle. My xlx2 are on my go to board. I have gotten used to it but I will keep after Castle.
I suggest anyone running the castle esc to file a complaint/concern with castle. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

7 Likes

Thx very very much for the info
In case i dont get the stable xlx i think ill go for the flier like philo

1 Like

Ok guys i have some updates​:grimacing::grimacing:
I was taljing with @philo regarding the flier escs he ordered from r-mamba_brushless (ebay)
For now they seem to run he is doing dome testing at the moment.
@philo thx again for all the info

Now the only issue he noticed is a function called ABS breaking. It should simulate a hard braking like real cars do for rc cars. Maybe good for rc cars but not for us standing on a board. This function cant be fully disabled and is noticable at hard breaks so philo told me.

So i contacted Rafael from r-mamba and he contacted flier and as it seems they will deliver a custom fw with smooth braking for eskates.
This is the original conversation:

So ill go for a dual r-mamba/flier esc to test this out and will tell you guys how its working.
If its working well those escs will really be a good bang for the buck

Ill let you know how it turned out

Kr and thx for the help @MoeStooge and all the others

8 Likes

I love these β€œunder the hood” shots. Even in ESk8, there’s something special about peeking inside at the inner workings of a cutting edge race vehicle. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

that much for one esc? definitely costs more than a dual vesc to do 2wd

1 Like

Yeah but a dual vesc wont deliver 200a per motor

2 Likes

Unless that final 20A really means that much to you, there’s always the MakerX Go-FOC DV6 Pro dual that’ll give you 180A per side for $275.

Just for clarity, that does require custom firmware, which is allegedly being uploaded soon. VESC Tool only lets you set up to 120 per side

And I was told that it is 180A / side or 360A total, for 10 seconds.

2 Likes

There is no way that Go-FOC DV6 is going to deliver 180A per side*. I doubt it could do half of that or less.

* for longer than some milliseconds

5 Likes

As I just said, 10s is the claim. I kind of believe it because I’ve seen them do load testing in house before

10s isn’t much - at the same time, no clue how anyone could manage to pull that on an esk8

I don’t know how much they manage to pull from these RC esc’s either, hard to say I think

2 Likes

You’re most probably right. I’m by no means an expert on such matters. I’m just reiterating their claims. Would you feel comfortable taking that up with MakerX directly on the relevant thread? It would be great to get a clearer understanding of the capabilities and caveats.

2 Likes