🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

Who knows, @YUTW123 do you have any comments on it?

What store and price please? I’m interested in EU buy of this! :slight_smile:

No, my battery is to weak for this. Theoretically I can max it out around 175 amps but I’m sure my nickel strips would not survive this.

I bought Pro version because it is only 20$ more expensive now.

My test of dv6 will be delayed because I broke my front truck.

2 Likes

I bought it directly from makerx-tech.com. $260$

1 Like

Motor current can be greater than battery current, it’s just that at a certain speed battery current will start limiting your output power. So you could test it, just at low speeds :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No, Pro is still built on V6. We just changed the mos so that it can handle a larger current. And in the firmware, the maximum motor current is limited to 180A (the default is 120A) and the shunt is changed to 0.5MRx2 (previously 1MRx2), which can reduce heat generation.

A small preview: Dual 100V 200A (based on 100250)ESC is being designed. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

DAMN

Bruh catch me building a minibike @PropulsionBoards I’m coming for yours :rofl:

2 Likes

I know this is the cart driving the horse here but I’d be much, much more inclined to swap over to one of these if I could tap a different mounting pattern into the bottom plate (y’know, the usual Unity/Xenith/SC pattern).

Is that possible for me to do? Is that possible for you to do even, @YUTW123, maybe on a future revision?

Edit: Just noticed the GH1.25 JSTs and :boom: went my hopes for standardisation :laughing:

2 Likes

Dv6 and Dv6 pro both use JST PH(?)2.00 standard VESC connector size. Just the mini foc and mini foc plus use JST GH1.25.

2 Likes

Ah! I saw it listed in the specs and assumed it was the same.

Looks like it only applies to the CAN port?

3 Likes

Yeah just the CAN port, in the ESC’s defence 4WD riders make up probably less than 1% of riders.

1 Like

Despite it being different, it is the superior connector. Especially for a CAN connection

2 Likes

I kinda wish all JST connections on VESCs were locking connectors, just not so small since the wire has to be microscopic but for the CAN port, I’ll allow it.

4 Likes

But can anyone tell me whether it’s safe to drill & tap new mounting holes in the base of the β€˜cooling box’?

1 Like

Well mine only made it 250 miles running at 60amps Max… Sucks I had really high hopes for makerx

send em an email. Which esc did you have?

Dv6 I bought it on the pre sale. I bought a second one since that I’ll use in the meantime. Ordered a unity thinking they are better but then read all the problems. Hopefully mines good

1 Like

The circuit has been upgraded several times and its performance is now very stable.
Please contact us info@makerx-tech.com to deal with after-sales problems.

2 Likes