🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

@MoeStooge have you tried any other escs? I remember seeing on the other forum @NoWind using Max 6 escs for a inrunner mountain board build and I was wondering what your thoughts where on the max 6 esc and any others you might have tried.

2 Likes

So these ESC don’t have erpm limit?

Moe, can you add a little section at the start of your post explaining what you’re trying to convey here haha.

I had to read it twice to see that it’s not a build thread.

4 Likes

I think he hasn’t had enough racing yet and wants more people with monster boards so he can burn more tyres alongside the pack. He’s tired of genetic Meepo ESCs.

4 Likes

Thats exactly what it is. A build thread containing undisclosed secrets. I now want an SRB in my quiver. Totally impractical in the way a fully tricked out drift car is or that track day ariel atom…but want…

9 Likes

6ga bus runs the show. [quote=β€œMoeStooge, post:1, topic:3154”]
2pac series, series packs in parallel)
[/quote]

14 Likes

I have burned through a few β€œ1/5” scale esc’s. Two years later the Xlx still leaves me not wanting. Not familiar with the Max 6. No other setup is putting watts to the street like this setup with zero esc fails. The end game is, with the success and failures of electronics, this setup is kicking ass, taking names and a proven solid platform.

9 Likes

E-rpm limits yes. With 800kv not likely. I have a set of 4092 1250kv motors on the Xlx that ran world cup and made two uphill races this year. 8:1 gear ratio on 120mm wheels. 8000w

8 Likes

You can dial the top speed. Pull power out. World Cup and short track racing I pull 40% power out (30mph). Colorado Race, David Bond’s SRB had 30% power pulled (40+mph) and still edged out the Bioboard entry. I think 12mph was the bottom with 80% pulled so a new rider could learn.
Its an affordable platform anyone can dial. Anyone can ride. Anyone can race with confidence.

20 Likes

This thread must be the one i pour over the most. Couple of questions.
Can you explain the 6ga bus term? Its probably me being a dumb ass but I never pretend to not be one. lol
This may be related but how do you charge and balance? Individually?
What kind of final drive are you running? Still chains?

2 Likes

There were never chains? Inrunner gear.

4 Likes

I’m sure there were chains on the original stooge? No? Am I being old and forgetful again?

Isn’t this the original? Gear-on-gear action!!

4 Likes

c1a24ab67119f184dfa252e5130d9c39b2865bdd_2_690x388

6 Likes

Yeah just went back through my enormous collection of moes bookmarks. :grimacing:
Time for a ct scan make sure its not early onset dementia.

2 Likes

also curious what 6ga bus means. Like 6ga wire?

1 Like

6 gauge wire is what they use on jumper cables haha. I’m sure Moe will come along and give us an indefinite answer really soon.

1 Like

pretty sure he meant 6AWG

2 Likes

@MoeStooge what does it mean by β€œ6awg bus runs the show”? What do you use the 6AWG for? I as well, just as @Dareno, want to learn your ways

1 Like

Battery to ESC, probably

1 Like