SR-71 Bluebird | Hummie | 110 Artic Blues | 12s7p 30Q

What part :joy:

The SR-71 blackbird is a jet that looks epic and goes hella fast. Someone already has a build with that name and I want blue wheels, so here we are! :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Meeeeeee :smile: @ShutterShock

1 Like

She got sold after 3 days of riding it :laughing:

2 Likes

I didn’t know you had one with that name lmao I was talking about @scrubski 's beast

2 Likes

hahahahaha lmao.
double the name double the fun in this case :joy:

1 Like

:grin::grin:in that case I dig the name

3 Likes

ouch man, this will be another great build when its done.
Big ben underneath hummie is always a pleasure to look at…oh mmmhhh, does that sound weird :joy:

1 Like

They’re brother builds now lol they’re gonna be pretty similar too

1 Like

Love it bro :grin:

1 Like

I know it’s kind of my dream setup. I love the hummie deck and I haven’t even properly rode it yet. The foot stance is perfect for me, I’m 6’ and I like to keep a really wide stance.

Besides that, the deck width completely fits my feet on it too. I’m not sure what I would want to ornament the enclosure with yet, but I will probably get some cool griptape for the top, not too much, don’t want to cover up the carbon fiber.

Two considerations are to 1: carbon fiber skin the enclosure or 2: something else but put blue accents into it. I kind of like the skin idea because then I can replace it if it gets beat up too much.

Also I’m not sure what my clearance will be like yet, so I might have to shift to top mount but at the moment I plan to do drop through.

1 Like

yeah, never had a hummie at hand but i can see at the fotos that there is enough space for them feet other drop down decks dont have, but maybe im wrong. Would be my choice, too if i would ride them decks dropped down, but i do not hehehehe.

1 Like

are those 18650s

1 Like

ENHANCE!

9 Likes

movie shit,

5 Likes

:joy: lol yes samsung 30Q’s

2 Likes

Progress progress. Kind of anyway, got some stuff ordered!

Mounts and the second hanger

Random but I needed heatshrink for my battery, so I ordered some 80mm ID stuff from Ali

2 Likes

More updates. I’m still waiting on a good amount of stuff, but I’ve started planning out the battery layout, and I’ve decided to go with a 12s7p instead of a 12s6p because I felt bad leaving so much real estate that I would regret not using later.

I used the 3D servisas calculator and it estimated 20 miles of range with the 12s6p and while I believe I will get more than that, having another parallel set doesn’t hurt either. No one really cares how heavy they are anyway.

Anyway, with a 12s7p in the hummie deck, you can actually come together with a pretty nice layout that allows for a little bit of flex. I plan to arrange the cells like this, with 7 cells in parallel and run the nickel as shown:

In this orientation, there should be plenty of contact for parallel cells. The series connections will be done with 12 awg silicon wire or copper braid, I haven’t decided yet. I think the wire is better since I have room to run all of the series connections down the center channel between the cells. I am aware that if I wired the series wires in this picture as it is, that it would not be as I expect lmao, I just set them in there for visual purposes, obviously in the actual build, they would be alternating orientations with positive into the center and negative into the center.

I used paint to draw on the wires, in this orientation, it should allow for some flex and plenty of current draw from 12 awg wire.

I still have plenty of space for the bms in the back with the Go-FOC Retro, and if need be, stuff in that area can be stacked since it’s a DS enclosure. I don’t really know exactly how much horizontal room @BigBen 's DS hummie enclosure has but I don’t think it should have any issues with the cells being all the way at the edges. With each individual P group covered in heat shrink, I shouldn’t have any reason to use fishpaper (that I see anyway).

If anyone has constructive criticism or comments, let me know, nothing is welded or soldered yet.

5 Likes

Special delivery from the Kevin delivery service came in today @Boardnamics

Probably gonna get this stuff installed tomorrow.

3 Likes

Good ol Kevin delivery service. This time, done NOT at 3am!

Hope to deliver more packages to your in the future.

3 Likes

I think 11s9p might fit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smirk:

3 Likes