Spiral Bevel Gears Drive

Use thicker Grease?

1 Like

sounds good to just keep the grease in there.

How much of a gap is there?

There’s some thought around using a small strip of foam gasket around the inside and having it partially sandwiched in the gap. Might be good to try…

2 Likes

Maybe some rtv?

3 Likes

I just used some white lithium grease that I had on hand but the gap is pretty small like can’t see it small… nothing was flying out when I let it go full throttle on the bench for a while. Just some slight leaking during storage, I’ll putting some folded tape in there maybe and check out some specific gear grease unless anyone has recommendations?

kind of hard to show the leaky bits in pics…

5 Likes

If tape works then chances are youre headed in the right direction.
From my car experience, I’d say that whatever mating surfaces are creating the gap, arent machined to tolerances that hold in your particular grease. In that case, an engineer would just insert a gasket. which exactly what your tape is doing. If you want tto do it properly, i would find oil type gasket material (thin as possible in this case) and cut outthe surface thats leaking

3 Likes

RTV silicone will solve your leaking issues.

4 Likes

Did you already pay for the gears or are you waiting for more to be stocked?

Waiting for restock!

1 Like

I have a set that I might be willing to sell. I’m thinking of going another direction with my build. I got a pair of kahua trucks for dirt cheap and think I want to get the new avio drives for them. They spiral gears are still in the box they where delivered in.

2 Likes

from black friday deals?

1 Like

No off here some used ones

1 Like

Throw in. Maybe its possible to add some kind of crossbar between the boxes for more stability and for preventing of coming lose. To me it looks like you could use them holes for the screws which are already drilled in there. Just an idea.

Do this, @avX shit looks beautiful. Fuck the bevels

2 Likes

Well I might just get avio regardless if I sell these.

1 Like

Idk about this… Last I checked, it’s brown and goopy. Glad to know that’s beautiful (:

7 Likes

can someone give a tldr on this thread
thanks

Big motors, gear drive on standard calibers

2 Likes

Gear drive, motors poke out the back, finicky to install.

6 Likes