Spintend Ubox 75/200 dual motor controller / The budget high voltage esc alternative?!

Just out of interest how do you install the firmware?

2 Likes

You can upload custom firmware through the vesc tool.
Dexter has a good guide (with pictures) on his page here: https://diyelectricskateboard.com/blogs/diy-electric-skateboard-tutorials/how-to-update-vesc-firmware

On step 8, select the “custom file” tab and select the file downloaded from spintend

5 Likes

Thanks

Anybody have issues yet? @Skyart
I’ve had a solid 500 miles on mine. Other then me blowing the led fet that turns my lights on/ off 12v, rock solid. Use anything other then the oem remote and it gets weird. Say ppm. It’s very confusing how they use the oem remote to tell the vesc what to do with Bluetooth and uart. I haven’t figured it out and am now feeling sketch trying to use the unity.

5 Likes

It need not be confusing, because they have a legal obligation under the GPL to give you the source code upon request if you ask for it.

1 Like

What issues did you have with other remotes?
I use my Hoyt puck without issues so far. Nothing different from any other esc.

@xsynatic or @jamie could you please close this thread or put it together with the other UBox thread.

I think the other is more often used and like this it’s confusing and just does split the information.

2 Likes

I only used one until it burned down. Not sure why it did so, not interested in testing any other units

1 Like

@Skyart Has somebody found out what caused your unit to burn out. Did you sent your unit back to the producer?

2 Likes

I did send it back. Not sure if they got it yet

2 Likes

Hi,
I help a friend building his eFoil. He was planning using a Flipsky.
Thanksfully, I arrived right on time before he triggers the purchase button. :grin:

I was thinking at the Spintend but for matching his specs, the only thing missing (or not ?) is the special FW for converting the 2x100A into a 1x200A.
Is such a FW (like done on Stormcore) does exist for the Spintend Ubox 75/200 ?

EDIT : @Manu39 is the guy BTW

2 Likes

If you mean the Super single firmware that is only works on single MCU controllers like Unity/Xenith, Stormcore. I think Sprintend is dual MCU.

edit: yeah looks like it wont work on Sprintend.

2 Likes

Oh yes ! I completely forgot that is related to the single MCU… :man_facepalming:
Thanks for this hint !

I think @Manu39 will go for a VESC 100/250 then (the new Maytech watercooled 85V/300A is crazy expensive, $700 for a VESC… they lost their mind).

3 Likes

trampa 75/300?

efoil?

No, the 100/250A.
He doesn’t need 300A (max 150-175 during take off) and the 75/300 and 100/250 are at the same price.
Better get one more recent and more futureproof.

Yes

2 Likes

yes fair enough
never really looked into efoil but i assumed you need more amps
why not a stormcore on super single?

Yeah why not ! It seems to be the best option.

1 Like

dunno if that was sarcasm or not?

No, it wasn’t. Just, I don’t have the feeling that a SC suits perfectly an eFoil build.
But it’s a good option financially.

1 Like

Question, can I seperate the spintend dual into (2) single escs?

1 Like