Spintend single 75V100A beta comes

Right, so it really is just a ‘relief’ and not a foolproof failsafe

2 Likes

Properly sized it could divert most of the regen current using a total resistance a lot lower than the internal resistance of the pack. Any electronics can fail though, of course. But that goes for the ESC, BMS, etc., too. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Of course.

Thanks dude, appreciate you taking the time :pray:

3 Likes

Exactly correct. Thanks, friend! :100:

6 Likes

Are there any recommended resistor values or part numbers?

2 Likes

Kaly NYC tested that 800W 10ohm is good.

1 Like

but the resistors are really big , it will increase your board’s weight :thinking: Maybe you can consider to use a fan or other tool that needs to work instead of resistance, it’s also work and save weight and with more fun.

3 Likes

Back on topic this does 135 amps. Beating the Vesc6 which is limited to I believe 90 regardless of what u set it to.

1 Like

From the Trampa site the VESC 6 is listed to have the rating “Continuous 80A, Burst 120A”. On the other forum @NoWind was testing out 130 phase amps, 100 battery on his mountain board by using the no limits FW, shown Here.

2 Likes

I bought 2 of the single Ubox yesterday going to make a killer mountain skateboard
what is adc3 port for

@NoWind it’s a long thread over there do u have to connect to the app and set the 100 and 120 everytime still?
@Mr.Electronicist i think regardless of trampa saying that with the regular firmware it maxes at 90 even though says higher. If I’m remember correctly.

Having used them on my ebike set at 120 phase amps I disagree (only 60 bat amps tho). The vesc is only limited by the current shunts and what they can accurately measure. From Vedder himself here is the answer “ As for the question in the thread, the theoretical maximum current that the VESC can measure is ± 165A, and from what I have tested so far it is nice and linear up to at least 150A. The problem if you want to push the limits is that the firmware does not accept values higher than 100A since I haven’t done any testing with more than 100A sustained.”

Taken from post #5 Here.

2 Likes

it is not utilised in FW of Vesc, but Spintend does provide it in case in future update it becomes available in the FW

1 Like

Some custom firmwares use ADC3 and we appreciate you including it.

2 Likes

Wait why would you buy 2 singles when they have a dual?

I mean the major reason to buy two singles instead of a dual nowadays is so that one doesn’t kill the other if one dies

3 Likes

Does the dual use a single IC or is it the 2 ESC 1 PCB design?

Not sure really I’ve never used one

I think only the Unity, Tenka, and Stormcore D-series use a single-MCU-dual-motor design, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

for me this is enough power to use a single vesc and run a motorbike that will do 40 mph and get there really quickly. at 100 amps its pretty good but this and upping the voltage a bit and im sure ill be satisifed

but still glad i got the spintend in the mail! great deal and happy to see a nice seeming vesc and someone of spintend talking on here.

1 Like