Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Sensors, god how i miss them cant stand riding sensorless motors rn

1 Like

If you don’t mind more frequent failures…

A failed sensor just bring you back to no sensors which is where you are. So it’s smooth and then it breaks and then it’s fine also. So chillax dude, riding sensored works for 99.9% of riders.

2 Likes

Only if you want to program your ESC on the side of the road.

1 Like

Yeah that’s fine to do when it breaks, which in my experience is like maybe once a year. For the rest of the year I start from 0mph perfectly smoothly the same way every time on every hill. Lots of ups for very little down, almost no downside if you don’t ride in the rain.

Anyone reading this just know that Brian treats his boards very very very rough and he is not your typical rider.

Also, changing to HFI or sensorless takes 30 seconds with the vesc tool app over BT.

2 Likes

Just had another another go at set up running bldc, sets of much better now and I don’t mine the extra noise. Thanks again everyone for the help it’s really appreciated.

2 Likes

Depends on if you need higher than 12s

3 Likes

any one has a good project or want to co develop an ESP32 based “VESC co-pilot”?

Planned futures

• ALARM MODE

• siren trigger line

• GYRO

• GPS tracking

• SIM card for internet access

• Push notification to phone up on motion detection

• Max motor breaking (lock) during ALARM trigger

• Display for scooter 2.2inch

• Telemetry to Display

• break lamp control

• Street Legal Mode (disables one motor, disables mode switch input, sets VESC into mode 1 which is pre set to have legal speed and power output - enabled by 5 times break trigger in 7sec, than can be changed back only by Phone)

• Street legal mode is stored in non volatile memory, so even reboot won’t exit it

• ADC filter (instead of stand alone adapter)

• dual VESC support

= I’m the tech guy, but only 25% good enough programmer to get those all coded together, so need more people to join me on that project.

3 Likes

@hardunclejohn
Maximum value “Motor Current MAX” and “Absolute Maximum Current” are hardcoded in your “VESC_UBOX_3.3V_100A_FW5.2.bin” ???

1 Like

This should have a default set for the hardware. Set this to the maximum it will allow you to set it to.

You should 100% adjust this depending on your motor.

3 Likes

Just had my vesc repaired sent unit back to China and it was very quickly repaired and at low cost fast turnaround, very good communication with the seller, excellent service and a great product.

(Accidently damaged by myself)

Big thank you Amy and John.

11 Likes

this is hardware limit, it’s protected in 100A firmware , you can’t change it. if you want it higher, you need to change to 300A firmware.

7 Likes

thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hello
Having ongoing trouble connecting to the mobile app, I can connect to it but as soon as I try to do something I loose Bluetooth connectivity any ideas?

What does the error message say? What is the name of the application?

1 Like

Not sure what the error is it just droppes off will check later, it does that then drops off.

Can’t remember if If it does pair will check later.

Is there anyway to delete the setup I did on a pc? And start afresh on the mobile app?

You can always upload new firmware and it will factory-clear ALL settings.

Perfect is there a guide somewhere? and is it best to use the 300a version seen a few problems with the 100a one?

No, the 300A version will have no changes other than higher current limits. Use the 100A one unless you know what you are doing.

2 Likes

I’m not after breaking the land speed record so 100a is fine.max esc
Is there a guide somewhere how to re install firmwhere

2 Likes