Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

@hardunclejohn send CADS

1 Like

Isn’t it an off the shelf Lingyi remote with custom internals? Granted I haven’t been able to find CAD of that one to make a cover, but it’s possible he might not actually have it either.

1 Like

I have Spintend horn and U2 Laser gun light and want to connect more things to control with a remote light button (rear lights, maybe some LED strips), however the plug is only 3 amps on the controller. How should I implement some kind of additional converter, relay or something, so it could be switched via controller and I could have more amps to play with? :grin: Horn would still be connected directly to the controller.

Building in Fluxmotion so have some space to spare.

2 Likes

Yes. Mosfet. You send 12v esc signal minimal amps through the gate and it will act as on/off switch for battery connection wire to lights.

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

Yes, you could use a logic level MOSFET to switch the pack voltage and drive whatever you wanted with it.

3 Likes

I used something like this before to switch lights via servo:
https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/battleswitch

That one does work with 5V as switching voltage and can switch up to 10A.
You could have a look if they do sell something for 12V switching voltage as well.

3 Likes

It says 10a at 28v dc? We use about 60v

If you use 12V lights right now, it wouldn’t be a good idea to install them on 60V with this relax later anyway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh so you would put it after the dc dc converter? I’d rather use a mosfet before the converter so that when it is off the converter isnt draining the battery with quiescent draw

1 Like

I would add a step down converter directly to the battery and just switch with the 12V output from the esc, but as I mentioned, this relay does switch with max 5.5V according to the data sheet, so 12V would be too much as switching voltage anyway.

2 Likes

But “bigger” mosfet is needed then as it needs to switch higher voltage? I have 12s9p 50E, so voltage is ~44-50.4V. As I understand I need DC to DC converter up to 50V as well, but can’t find anything reasonably priced in local shops in sensible form factor.

1 Like

Thats awesome to hear guys! This is about the only 75v dual VESC6 based controller out there at the moment (and at okay price to attract newcomers to try it out)

So many people start to use it on bicycles and E-scooters these days (we don’t stop discussing it in Vsett group past days) that it would be awesome to see alarm - a simple wake line that would:

1. when goes to mid voltage position (1.1v or 2.5v)
  • disabled on/off input and throttle input
  • put controller to sleep mode
  • waits for it to go to 0v or max voltage (3.3 or 5v external Alarm triggered)
  1. when goes to Triggered state (3.3v or 5v)
  • wakes up controllers with inputs still disabled
  • engaged MAX breaking power on all motor outputs (break input set ON, or new separate parameter would be best so that it can be higher breaking power than what we use in driving)

considering that most of VESC6 have MPU on board alarm could even be integrated with sound out put through the HORN + lights flashing for example on this Spintend Ubox

doesn’t that sounds amazing AIO type of controller for bicycles and scooter? :smiley:

1 Like

any news on BMS from Spintend? :smiley:

1 Like

My idea was a BMS to fit on side of 2 layer hight pack, so about 38mm wide (19+19mm) and up to 130mm long(65+65mm). but really I think any one would be happy with up to 45mm width for sure, because 38mm x130mm may be impossible but 45mm x up to 130mm is realistic on my guesstimation.

It would look something like this? And what to do with Light and GND pins on ESC?
board wiring

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m going to do and I have the same question

Im curious why you have a 12v converter on a 12v? Is this for a specific reason? I personally just connected by positive on some moto lights to the 12v and the negative to the lights. If you connect the negative to the ground, you cannot control the lights with the remote… they will turn on and off with the vesc. I did this and every other time i turned on the vesc, my lights would come on in the different modes they allowed. Connecting them to the “light” pin allows you to use the remote to turn the lights on and off

1 Like

So what your saying is in the diagram to control the mosfet, it should be connected to light instead of 12v

1 Like

Has anyone had an issue with Ubox with powering it off?

Mine does power on just fine, but I am unable to power it off :man_shrugging:

Everything works just fine. Except it won’t power off

@hardunclejohn

Edit.

What I know that I did today is that I’ve plugged in charger while the esc was still on… Maybe that could do something to e-switch?

Edit2.

Tried other switch… Still won’t power off…

@linsus have you ever seen anything similar?

1 Like