Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Will be interesting to see how reliable the antispark is in this ESC. Maybe @hardunclejohn could comment if it’s the standard mosfet kind, or similar to the new reliable kind used by Flipsky, 3dservisas, Lacroix, and such.

paging @Gamer43 for antispark related stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’d have to see the inside to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.

1 Like

Surprised you didn’t ask them for the firmware forkfor this

Not sure if it’s visible in these photos OLD QUESTION: What is the best VESC on the market that is available to purchase?

1 Like

I am not seeing an antispark circuit, but the PCBs are double stacked, so there are some things I can’t see.
so there’s a possibility he implemented a sleep mode in the firmware, which would get a thumbs up.

If not, then we’d have to ask the dev if he implemented high side switching with inrush current management.

7 Likes

it’s possible someone named quinn foster has purchased one of these.

possible

3 Likes

it’s ok you do not have to make a build specifically for testing. I will use it for an higher voltage application, in esk8 so current will be a bit higher but should be manage without problems.

2 Likes

I plan on using it to test out the onewheel hub but since this is a dual I will have to find a new home for it once I source a single VESC.

2 Likes

I ordered one for science and we will compare it with other VESCs.

4 Likes

I’ll take this burden off your hands free of charge :wink:

2 Likes

ok but I need you to fly all the way here and help me finish the rebuild.

I’ll pay you $7 an hour but I expect speedbuilding.

3 Likes

At 7$, you aren’t even paying for me to get out of my house😂
Level with my salary and then we’ll talk :rofl:

2 Likes

ohh canandollars right.

$10 an hour

5 Likes

Ftfy
(And that’s on the least of my 3 salaries)

1 Like

will consider use typeC in our next model

2 Likes

Thank you for your mail . Will solve shipping problem in web. Please try again.

3 Likes

It can’t support other BMS ,we’re speeding up to design the hv BMS.

4 Likes

I did learn more lesson from market anti spark switch : usually, sparks are caused by current inrush to aluminum capicitors. So,Ubox places mosfets between ground and the negative poles of aluminum capicitors. When battery pluged in, mosfets are not switched on immediately, capicitors are slowly charged through a resistor,untill user push power botton to power on ubox, these mosfets will then switch on.

8 Likes

There is many problem in antisprk switch design in market, we did learn lesson from them. Hope to see more market feedback on Ubox, and the best way is to remove anti spark switch circuit by replacing antispark Amass XT90S connector. If there is more agree on it, I will consider to do it in next batch production.
Poll on it! Thanks

3 Likes