Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Noob question, but does this mean I can use all 3A on the light if the horn pins are not used?

2 Likes

I tried. And it blew the switch

1 Like

Yes. Leave deadzone to vesc. Even at 0 percent. Still way … too much

The 12 volt output works perfectly,. But no longer from the remote. I certainly blew the switching mosfet

1 Like

These do the switching?

just as a personal note, I’m not currently using the light or horn function but when I do, will use relay for the light and a separate 12v power supply. Reason being no real load on the vesc and isolates the lights from the vesc, so if they short or anything, no damage to vesc.

if you’re not using a relay and connecting lights directly, a fuse would be highly recommended

6 Likes

That’s what I’m going to do, but I asked before what would happen in case of a short in the light circuit and the answer was: the escs will shut down but no hw damage will occur from it.

Didn’t check if that’s right or not thou :joy:

2 Likes

Even if no damage, definitely do not want a shutdown

3 Likes

That’s a valid point.
Streetfacing because of a short in the light circuit would be kinda… sad

4 Likes

I’ve been quite pleased so far with the ubox, very good thermals, haven’t been able to hit throttling once yet in my normal rides.

4 Likes

Whats up with the duty cycle on those logs?

it’s the duty cycle limit bug

2 Likes

Vesc bug that causes skaters to fall: exists
Scepterr: Haha, ebike go brrrr

7 Likes

in which top mounting box are you putting your ubox?

10 ounces of aluminum plate. And heat transfer tape.

Esk8. Steep hill

5 Likes

Is it possible to run each side of this esc independently, ie separate reciever into each side?

1 Like

wtf

what are you doing?

you just need to control it over CAN, UART then you have full control

1 Like

Thinking of running and mini mod with dual reciever into it… Signal safety is paramount :joy:

1 Like

and why do you need 16S with that??

Doesn’t sound safe to test this new voltage stuff out.

4 Likes

You raise a valid point, it’s not needed. I just figured it has pretty good reviews so far and is also pretty much the best priced… So why not :blush:

1 Like

It sounds like a bad idea to me lmao

One remote is perfectly fine like @Fosterqc said run it over uart with CAN

1 Like