Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

He will reply if the money stops flowing.

In the meantime, you have items that cannot legally be resold, aren’t even legal for Spintend to sell, support cannot be added to anything, and issues cannot be rectified if everything doesn’t work 100%.

Also futures updates and feature additions are all but impossible.

3 Likes

Somebody has gotta have the inside scoop. Rumor train says he’s working a on a single version, so I expect if he wants to sell those to us, he’ll fix the firmware req.

Or he’ll ignore it and sell it on aliexpress like all the other weird vesc6 clones that dgaf about all of this.

W/ the recent price hike, it’s easier to stomach looking at the 100D or doubling up on one of the other single 75V200 clones out there. FS, maker-x, and yongitech all have versions that work w/ the stock firmware. Pretty certain maker-x (or someone in that realm) is working on a dual based on the yongitech/maker-x flat 75v HI100.

There is two versions of firmware on the website, not sure what version

1 Like

Thanks. But we’re talking about the source code, not the firmware in this instance.

3 Likes

They have compiled firmware binaries hosted but no links to the VESC-Project, GPL licensure, or their own modified code.

3 Likes

yes, I will release it when I’m free to do it.

2 Likes

@b264
@DerelictRobot
@luastoned
@BillGordon
@ShutterShock
@RyEnd
Hi, Guys, for the source code and firmware , here is my reply:
1.Commit the changes to VESC project need some time, we are preparing on that. I can upload it to our website recently, it will be faster. We used original 75/300A firmware, and found the 3.3v/3.44v problem(the battery display discrepancy problem), then I fix it. only change this point, and I have explained in our FAQ item14
2. We’ll upload the 5.02 customed firmware version in our web. when I have time, lately in end of this month.

9 Likes

You have great organization for your customer support. Not sure where you learned it but other should take notes.

3 Likes

The issue extends beyond just the battery voltage being displayed incorrectly. It is outright dangerous to run stock fw5.1 on your ESC, because it changes the scaling for the current measurement, which in turn has major implications for the FOC algorithm.

I would highly recommend that you make sure it is abundantly clear to your customers that stock firmware is unstable/dangerous on your Spitend Ubox ESC.

The other option would be ensuring that your product is trademark/OS licensure compliant and requesting main branch support through VESC-Project.

7 Likes

Hi, friends
Too busy to response here in time. now share you what I’m busy with recently.

1. Due to some key chipsets and MOS are stopped supplying(or supplying with a long long lead time), the local supplying stock parts are crazy cost up, I’m busy with searching and buying reliable parts.
  2. Also keep busy with some known project: the BMS, the single Ubox, the 100V ESC
  3. and meantime, shipping and service support for some customers.
    Yes, Too many things, and now I really hard to hire a qualified guy that can help me, I do have two sales girl, they help little on this design jobs.

I may response slower here, but I will not disappear.
Have a good day!

9 Likes

It’s not legal to sell or resell products containing GPL licensed software unless you comply with the license requirements.

Sounds like a lot of cool new stuff!

3 Likes

Thank you for your reminds. I 'm checking on it NOW! thanks again!

4 Likes

@BillGordon The source code is published in my website. after spring festival, I will add in vesc-project .

6 Likes

Appreciate everyone’s help in getting Spintend to be fully compliant with expected standards.

6 Likes

I rechecked it today, can’t find any abnormal there. From actual test and feedback in market: The change of 3.44V to 3.3V in the VESC source code solved two problems: 1. battery display discrepancy 2. it well improved overheating .
Surely we welcome market feedback if you’re using my customed firmware, and also the source code is published in my website. when I’m free after Spring festival , it will be submitted to vesc-project.
The most important remind: wear protection well no matter whose products you’re using now.

3 Likes

What I am stating, is that due to this requirement, if a user is unaware & loada stock fw5.1 on your ESC can cause it to become unstable.

The impact of this being incorrectly set is beyond incorrect battery voltage, and can cause unstable/unpredictable behavior in the control algorithm (linked in my previous post).

Does that make sense?

I think it should be made explicitly clear that running stock firmware on these is potentially dangerous.

4 Likes

Oh, I see. Yes, a notice is necessary for it. Will make one in our product page. Thanks!

10 Likes

For me it solved as well high current cut outs.
With stock FW I got ABS overcurrent faults with motor max setting at 130-150A and suddenly hard acceleration from stand still.
With the custom FW (300A Version) I do not have this problem anymore. Running now 140A motor max setting without ABS overcurrent faults.

4 Likes

Just curious…What’s your battery?

1 Like

I have no build in battery. All my packs are removable and interchangeable depending on which ride I want to go. Usually 12s2p-4p 5Ah 60c lipos or 12s10p vtc6 on this setup.

1 Like