Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Im very new to Esk8ing. What do you mean by it dies over 14s?

2 Likes

he’s saying 190KV motors aren’t rated for 14S; you’re running 8s, you’ll be fine

1 Like

this esc is meant for 16S. Perfect you can start on 2x 8S parallel then switch to 16S when you get the right motors.

2 Likes

what would i have to change about the motors?

more or Less kv
different sizes

1 Like

and how would i go about charging it.

1 Like

High voltage and High amperage motors?
More inefficient in motor w higher voltage
(US) WTS 2 maytechs/LHB 6374 90KV motors $255

LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info
^this one is fun

2 Likes

thanks for the plug @Fosterqc forgot to mark those as sold :joy: :joy:

1 Like

damn my fickle heart is brroken

1 Like

has anyone tried blowing up some meepo hubs or the like?

1 Like

I am planning on whipping up an AWD Ebike, as those are the only motors I have now that would survive.

With a BMS and a charger

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question but would i be able to charge the 16s battery with my 8s charger? like charge one at a time.

2 Likes

If this guy is pretty new to Esk8 it probably isn’t the best place to start looking at 16s batteries etc. That’s unnecessary for 90% of experienced people! :joy:

4 Likes

It’s technically possible but comes with such a large fire risk that it’s not recommended

A BMS and a charger are cheap.

There isn’t anything wrong with 8S though, it will work just fine. Using this ESC is kind-of like buying a Lamborghini for a 15mph (24km/h) stroll though.

3 Likes

Exactly, and there is nothing wrong with that, @Neenong you just have larger safety margins than required. Which is great!

2 Likes

but it was so cheap even if i use it on 8s

1 Like

Use it! It will work awesome.

2 Likes

Exactly, you made a good choice. Nothing to worry about, you just have potential room to expand in the future :blush:

2 Likes

true true

6-8-10s to 16s is the new 10S to 12S jump apparently

2 Likes