Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

This is spintend covering their ass. They were dying because of shit QC

5 Likes

Okay downgraded to tool 300 and fw 5.2
now one motor spinns up when I puch remote. and no errors. Is there a “send data” parameter I can´t get my eyes on in the tool?

you’re probably right, but I’ve def seen a few stories of people realizing they used the wrong fw and popping during motor detection

1 Like

Found it, Thanks for the help

Idk man, I feel like there would have been more “documented” incidents if that was really the problem.

4 Likes

Does anyone happen to know what type of JST plug is used for the horn/light connectors on the V1? I know for a fact it’s not JST-XH and looks smaller, but that’s about it. I’m guessing they’re PH?

yes

1 Like

The Battery cable is this nothe so smal AWG10 ?

1 Like

10awg wire can handle 150A for several minutes ! and nobody use this kind of power :wink: for a esk8, only time you can get this power is for 1-2 or seconds so don’t worry , sure you can use 8awg but its a bit overkill but yes it will get less heat because the electron’s is flowing with less resistance in a bigger wire
but again it depend on lot of thing , if they use tined copper or aluminium , etc,…

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone’s made heatsinks for the spintend 75V unit yet, as i’m currently working on making one for myself.

Current plan for myself is to replace the top cover with a sheet of copper, and place thermal pads between that and the topside ESC to help reduce temps there, and to attach the bottomside to another plate of copper for the increased thermal mass there. Anyone else have any suggestions?

2 Likes

**I thought aluminium is better for cooling

Copper is nearly twice as thermally conductive as aluminum, but it’s expensive and heavy so you don’t usually see them that often when aluminum is good enough for most intents and purposes.

3 Likes

Copper is significantly better at thermal conductivity and pure thermal mass, it’s just more expensive - it’s why things like the cold plate of higher end CPU coolers are made of copper, while the fins are aluminum.

1 Like

yes copper is conductive mean more electron flowing better , but if we talk about heat dissipation copper is only 40% better

1 Like

It depends on how you do the math…:slightly_smiling_face:

Copper is about 60% more thermally conductive than aluminum.
Aluminum is about 40% less thermally conductive than copper.

Easier to just give the thermal conductivity numbers…
Copper = Averaging about 375 W/m K
Aluminum = Averaging about 235 W/m K

Pretty big difference IMO. I can get much more uniform heating across a thermal mass (lowering the hot spot temps) using copper and decently lower heat sink thermal resistance numbers using copper. Typically not needed but great to have when it is needed.

2 Likes

Will make and sell one soon.

6 Likes

Make sure you don’t use the integrated receiver or bt module than. Might cause drop outs due to the signal getting weakened.
If you have the version with the antenna coming out of the case, it’s not an issue thou.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed the 75v100J ubox v2 ? It’s about $80 cheaper and looks like it’s built better than the regular v2… It also says that they are building in a TVS diode to 5v output to handle voltage spikes which I think is the reason my DavegaX screen continues to freeze. So two q’s… Why wouldn’t people build an esk8 using this version vs the regular v2 and most importantly (for me), can someone point me to a TVS that will help me keep my DavegaX from freezing… :pray:

3 Likes

Had a chat with them, cheaper mosfet gets hotter faster but better supply of them. also believe they use the same logic stage on both 100v ubox and 75v ubox

3 Likes