Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

I just downgraded back to 5.2. I didn’t want to risk it…good luck to you man :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Yea, I’ll downgrade but I’m not super happy to do so without reason, I’ll email them.

1 Like

Spintend responded to my email, said it was commonly an ABS fault on V2 Ubox.
I’ve never had a fault so I’m not going to worry about it.
My settings are quite modest at 60A motor/brake, 160A absolute, and 25A/-10A on battery.

@ZenRides 25A on the battery is super low, even by my standards

@mackann is the a hardware fault on the Spintend side or is a software fault at Vesc side, curious if a “bugfix” would solve this issue.

We dont have any problems with our version. It slightly different. But we are only using 5.2, have not got the time to test 5.3 yet. What i could recommend if you have abs over current fault is to set this settings:

And I think its probably a software problem if their is any, because same hardware have been working for a long time.

3 Likes

Per motor, if that wasn’t clear.

Anyone had a purple V2 spintend refuse to turn off??

Unplug - turns off.
Plug in - stays off.
Push button - turns on.
Push and hold button for normal shutdown - nothin.

1 Like

anti spark circuit dead

No.

There is no antispark circuit in spintend V2’s.

The issue was solved by spintend with a video call, which was impressive and appreciated. The button was wired improperly (I’m guessing that was an external vendors fuckup) but either way, they figured it out and the esc is in use now.

4 Likes

No antispark ? Really ?
Did you add one to your power circuit ?

you dont really need an antispark, just an xt90-s

If you have a switch directly plugged to your Spintend it means it has an integrated antispark :confused:

I believe it’s just turns off power to some of the esc. Probably the chip, ports, etc. You will still notice a small draw if you leave your ubox off but plugged in to your battery for a while.

1 Like

The ubox powers its logic stage on and off, not the power stage. theres no “antispark”, just a simple on/off circuit for the logic stage.

5 Likes

OK :wink::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Running 5.2 100v 250a FW on the V2, but it won’t connect to the Vesc Tool app, says it can’t read the firmware. Both sides are using the same fw, I’ve plugged into both sides by USB, powered off/on, but they both read the same 5.2 100v250a fw. I’ve also gone through all the port config options/combinations (at least, pretty sure I have). I’m considering moving down to the 5.2 100v100a, but I’ve flashed the firmware at least 6-7 times now with different versions “All” and individually. I’m getting a little queasy thinking about doing it again. Should I give it a shot?

Do you have a Davega connected when you try this ?

1 Like

I think so, but I actually don’t remember specifically. Should I try flashing the fw with it disconnected?

Yes, that solved everything for me :wink:

1 Like